Bouncing idea's 🏀: 2024 NBA Off-Season: Key Decisions and Developments

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Have the Orlando Magic even gotten a point guard in this free agency?

If not, that would be terrible
They have Cole Anthony and Anthony Black, both very high lotto guys, maybe they don't wanna throw in the towel on both so soon.

Black might have a longer leash since he's 6'6" and it appears the Magic want tall, athletic guys with length/wingspan at every spot on the court

Tyus Jones seems like an absolute no brainer pickup for them if they wanna go the 'traditional PG route'

Last edited:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
They have Cole Anthony and Anthony Black, both very high lotto guys, maybe they don't wanna throw in the towel on both so soon.

Black might have a longer leash since he's 6'6" and it appears the Magic want tall, athletic guys with length/wingspan at every spot on the court

Tyus Jones seems like an absolute no brainer pickup for them if they wanna go the 'traditional PG route'

Personally I hate that "Oh their young, let's wait till they figure it out" strategy. Need a veteran in the backcourt for them to be taken seriously
OKC Thunder went with that strategy not getting veterans, and letting PJ Washington and Gafford go to the Mavs last season and it bit them in the ass. Now they realize it didn't work and got Caruso and Hartenstein

Having a young backcourt does 0 for the Magic and for the young player's development. It's like the blind leading the blind

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Pelicans trying to find a team for Ingram, but nobody wants to pay this overrated injury prone 200 mil he demands :russ:

Other NBA players should take notice, this guy was whining about playing time for team USA and then Pelicans. No team wants to pay such non-winning culture guy that much :manny:

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Personally I hate that "Oh their young, let's wait till they figure it out" strategy. Need a veteran in the backcourt for them to be taken seriously
OKC Thunder went with that strategy not getting veterans, and letting PJ Washington and Gafford go to the Mavs last season and it bit them in the ass. Now they realize it didn't work and got Caruso and Hartenstein

Having a young backcourt does 0 for the Magic and for the young player's development. It's like the blind leading the blind
Darius Garland I think would be really good for that team. I don't know what they can do to get him there but that's exactly who they need. An actual PG that can shoot and run an offense.

They seem to want to build their team around defense and he's smallish but I think you have to make a compromise at some point

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
Phoenix Suns owner is an undisciplined idiot

In 1 year, probably hasn't even been a full year, he has decimated that franchise

They have no future

Ehhh. It's really only two more years of Beal/KD

Beal will be traded in his contract year and they likely won't re-sign KD.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Ehhh. It's really only two more years of Beal/KD

Beal will be traded in his contract year and they likely won't re-sign KD.
They need to trade KD next year to at least get some draft capital back. They have no control over their own pick until 2031

An old ass KD, an older Beal, Booker and spare parts ain't getting you to the Finals. They're gonna be irrelevant for a decade

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
They need to trade KD next year to at least get some draft capital back. They have no control over their own pick until 2031

An old ass KD, an older Beal, Booker and spare parts ain't getting you to the Finals. They're gonna be irrelevant for a decade

They are not blowing it up. They gonna take the 50 wins and see if they pull out a rabbit out if a team or two gets hurt.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean, this was well known. They knew when they drafted him that he was injured. This is a driving reason why we signed Mclaughlin. He'll be back by the new year.
what are you arguing? he's an NBA reporter reporting news that the Kings shared, yes it was being talked about during the workout process but that's the confirmation and a timetable of his recovery

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Pelicans trying to find a team for Ingram, but nobody wants to pay this overrated injury prone 200 mil he demands :russ:

Other NBA players should take notice, this guy was whining about playing time for team USA and then Pelicans. No team wants to pay such non-winning culture guy that much :manny:
I mentioned it before using the Nuggets as an example, with that new CBA you can spaz out with 3 big contracts if you want but them three 200mil a year nyggas (or two 300mil nyggas) better not include a Maga Porter Jr ass nygga that can’t carry his substantial share of the workload.

That’s part of what Ingram and Lavine are facing with teams actually having to think a little harder than they’re accustomed to :mjlol: