Bought a crib in a different state due to wfh now might have to back to work

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
A lot of people, me included, are looking for new jobs because companies want to force employees back to office. I can almost guarantee that we're about to see a great resignation 2.0 and companies will go back to working from home, especially if a new wave of covid hits, which is almost assuredly will. Those politicians and the media backed off of Covid because of the new media darling which is Ukraine and Russia and because it's nearing election time, but it still exists. Ultra high gas prices and covid means that forcing employees back to office won't last for long.
Better hope people can hold the line and not take these in person jobs

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
A lot of people, me included, are looking for new jobs because companies want to force employees back to office. I can almost guarantee that we're about to see a great resignation 2.0 and companies will go back to working from home, especially if a new wave of covid hits, which is almost assuredly will. Those politicians and the media backed off of Covid because of the new media darling which is Ukraine and Russia and because it's nearing election time, but it still exists. Ultra high gas prices and covid means that forcing employees back to office won't last for long.
Yep. Too many remote jobs out here now. I’m out if they try to force me back. fukk that.

BornStar

Marathon Continues
Daps
Reppin
N.Y.
:yeshrug: Glassdoor or Indeed, look for jobs that only work remotely, problem solved.

I am assuming this is IT where jobs are a dime a dozen:ehh:

Seniority rules all as far as positions in the job. I received this job from nepotism I knew somebody that gave me a referral no schooling was involved. I doubt breh has any degrees.

How long has he worked there? If he's been there long enough and does a good job, he should just tell them straight up his situation and just work remote. Just come into the office a few times a year to take his team out for events. I did somewhat the same thing, although the property I bought is 2 hours from my office with traffic. Even then I'm not commuting every day, - I'll come in for large team strategy meetings, but that's it.

I'm assuming 7+ years he was there before the person that got me hired on was there.. he is in his late 20s

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
he'll just leave and that would be it.
not that hard and way too many opportunities
he had to have thought ahead and planned just in case this happened
or he can just say he can't and continue doing his job remote. what are they going to do? :deadmanny:

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Seniority rules all as far as positions in the job. I received this job from nepotism I knew somebody that gave me a referral no schooling was involved. I doubt breh has any degrees.

I'm assuming 7+ years he was there before the person that got me hired on was there.. he is in his late 20s

Degrees are irrelevant to experience, does he have certifications?

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
How long has he worked there? If he's been there long enough and does a good job, he should just tell them straight up his situation and just work remote. Just come into the office a few times a year to take his team out for events. I did somewhat the same thing, although the property I bought is 2 hours from my office with traffic. Even then I'm not commuting every day, - I'll come in for large team strategy meetings, but that's it.

If someone is closer and can do 80% of what he does, he won't be in a position of leverage..

Everybody situation is different though

The bigger picture is the government isn't gonna let the (out of state) WFH crowd get off that easy..

There will be some sort of tax implementation at SOME point...:ld:

So homeboy should be looking for some shyt in his city ASAP

The Radiant One

Superstar
Daps
One of my co workers moved to Texas from NC now breh might have to go back to work if our job gives the word according to the rumors after our yearly raise. If most wfh jobs start this to boost the economy then this could lead to more houses being on the market in the next few years. All it takes is them saying we have to go back in the office to start up this predicament.

First why move do NC? Also get another remote job or get two remote jobs

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How do you get the confidence to make a big decision, such as moving to a new state, during a time of uncertainty? Does this seem impulsive to anyone?
some people are just built differently. Their minds are unable to generate sufficient amount of what-if scenarios. They find that their house appreciated 200g and they fall over themselves trying to cash in on it, without consideration for the price of their next home. Or even the reliability of their jobs or health.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
Idk why this just popped iny head, but imagine Seinfeld in 2022... George is forced to return to office with The Yankees...

What stunts would he pull to avoid that :laff: Tells your friend to ask himsellf WWGD?