Bought a crib in a different state due to wfh now might have to back to work

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Man you made the opposite move. So many people moving to Florida when wfh hit :damn:
Breh I know lol. Moved back to help out my folks with their rental properties. Plus my dad is starting to slip mentally since he retired two years ago.

Time for my to do my eldest son duties.

I actually attempted to do this before Covid hit but my job shut me down. They said they no longer believed in wfh and they were actively trying to end wfh for the workers they had doing it. So at that time I was looking for jobs up here because I was going to do the move eventually anyway.

Then Covid dropped and their tune changed. I struck while the iron was hot and straight up asked for perm wfh and they granted it

Daps
OP so retarded, he thinks the guy has to move back to NC instead of IDK getting a new job in Texas where he currently lives in his new house.

Then when someone mentions that, OP is like "well gee :ohhh: I guess that could work too"

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s just like the idiots that thought unemployment money wouldn’t end

Its situations like this that people need to look at when talking about living wages vs money management. You're making an income and a situation comes around that makes your current situation better like working from home. So instead of utilizing the money you're saving and tightening up you're current status, you up and spend MORE money by moving. These impulsive actions happen a lot, and the reason some people are in the financial jams they're in now.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
OP so retarded, he thinks the guy has to move back to NC instead of IDK getting a new job in Texas where he currently lives in his new house.

Then when someone mentions that, OP is like "well gee :ohhh: I guess that could work too"

Its not always this easy. The reason he moved to Texas was to take advantage of the cheaper COL with his current pay rate. He may possibly take a pay cut.

BornStar

Marathon Continues
Daps
Reppin
N.Y.

Look at this dummy:dwillhuh:

The point was the new job would be paying way if breh doesn't have an it degree or any credentials. He is most likely paying a hefty mortgage. Do you think he can find a job in a day or week? He wouldn't be getting.. nvm

:gucci:

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
How do you like the switch? One of my peeps calls PA PennsyLTucky, cuz of the cac-trash element.
I’m from here. I’ve been gone a good bit. Upon moving back i realized two things

1. Everything looks almost exactly the same. No improvements.

2. Racist cacs are much slicker up here. More passive aggressive. Down south it was more matter of fact and in your face. Up here it’s the vague feeling of racism. Also I have seen more trump stickers and banners here than in Florida. I STILL see Trump stickers and flags

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If he didn't make this move expecting to possibly have to just find a new job at some point, I don't know what to tell him.

For most of these companies, we were always going to hit a point where the WFH party is over. I was advising people in my office to take on work that would make them just as valuable at home as in the office so when the time comes, they can take that "come back in" talk elsewhere.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
:yeshrug: Glassdoor or Indeed, look for jobs that only work remotely, problem solved.

I am assuming this is IT where jobs are a dime a dozen:ehh:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m from here. I’ve been gone a good bit. Upon moving back i realized two things

1. Everything looks almost exactly the same. No improvements.

2. Racist cacs are much slicker up here. More passive aggressive. Down south it was more matter of fact and in your face. Up here it’s the vague feeling of racism. Also I have seen more trump stickers and banners here than in Florida. I STILL see Trump stickers and flags

I'm from Ohio, and haven't been back since I moved in 2009. Every time I think about doing it, these two points pop up in my head. The Midwest is like bubble that time can barely poke its way into. And people out here in Arizona don't believe me when I tell them that low key, the Midwest is just as racist as the south, just because they're fooled by the idea that everyone there is supposedly nice.

[Something Cool]

Not a Well-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
exorbitant legal fees
How long has he worked there? If he's been there long enough and does a good job, he should just tell them straight up his situation and just work remote. Just come into the office a few times a year to take his team out for events. I did somewhat the same thing, although the property I bought is 2 hours from my office with traffic. Even then I'm not commuting every day, - I'll come in for large team strategy meetings, but that's it.