BOTTOMS | Official Red Band Trailer (starring Rachel Sennott, Ayo Edebiri, Marshawn Lynch, & Kaia Jordan Gerber) in select theaters Aug 25th 2023

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Thought this was really fun and funny in a lot of moments, but a lot of was just the sheer force of the leads, their acting, manic/mania delivery, the satire of Gen Z cliches and just in general an over anxious, self righetous, self interested cultural moment

it's rough around the edges, with a tone that is all over the place, a manic plot to match the writing, that veers into horror and feels like sketch comedy a lot of the time, it isn't a message movie, it has some messages, and something to say about feminism and patriarchy, and teenage sexuality, but it says different things at different points, and is tongue in cheek the entire time. The setting is like a hyper exaggerated school/world.

I really liked both leads, but Sennott I remember from Bodies Bodies Bodies, she was fukking hilarious. This is how a lot of women I know come across. Ayo is a little more straight man to her unhinged partner.

it's one of the more pure fun I had at the movies, at a movie like this. But, that said, a lot of the jokes are under the radar nods at bell hooks and second wave feminism, it's NOT a movie I could recommend to any of my boys.
Seems like this review was written by a
Fakkit

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
F66HTVsbUAAHsWA

Conz

Superstar
Daps
man, i respect the level of absurdity they were going for, but this is one of the least funny movies i've ever seen. stone faced, the entire time. "Ya see, it's a subversion bc girls are the leads and its a takedown on all teen sex comedies in the sense that blah blah blah" shut up. "What if ugly girls got the hot girls?" shut up. shyt is bad. they decided to make a parody movie while not going all out and still making it look like a typical teen sex HS movie. it was like the midpoint between Booksmart and Not Another Teen Movie, and it landed with an absolute dud. the high scores for this are insane.

daemonova

Daps
man, i respect the level of absurdity they were going for, but this is one of the least funny movies i've ever seen. stone faced, the entire time. "Ya see, it's a subversion bc girls are the leads and its a takedown on all teen sex comedies in the sense that blah blah blah" shut up. "What if ugly girls got the hot girls?" shut up. shyt is bad. they decided to make a parody movie while not going all out and still making it look like a typical teen sex HS movie. it was like the midpoint between Booksmart and Not Another Teen Movie, and it landed with an absolute dud. the high scores for this are insane.
They saw Clueless, and said what if Brittany Murphy and Alicia Silverstone hooked up and made a movie out of that.

Donald Faison in love with a jock, might as well be Zach Braff.

Stacy Dash still in the moviebut she Brittany Murphy best friend now.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Perfect DL to watch during my work day.

Given the theme, I thought they was gonna :dame: with the Quarterback and his homie.

And it's an interesting narrative they're pushing - female exuality is fluid...

Ol girl from The Bear/Abbott Elementary - I just don't like her. No reason. I'ma have to work on that.

daemonova

Daps
Perfect DL to watch during my work day.

Given the theme, I thought they was gonna :dame: with the Quarterback and his homie.

And it's an interesting narrative they're pushing - female exuality is fluid...

Ol girl from The Bear/Abbott Elementary - I just don't like her. No reason. I'ma have to work on that.
If they made them gay, they'd have to get them more story and they weren't interested enough in them to do that

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Funniest movie I've seen in a minute. For once a comedy where there's more focus on making the main characters funny rather than likable (unlike Booksmart).