BOTTOMS | Official Red Band Trailer (starring Rachel Sennott, Ayo Edebiri, Marshawn Lynch, & Kaia Jordan Gerber) in select theaters Aug 25th 2023

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Thought this was really fun and funny in a lot of moments, but a lot of was just the sheer force of the leads, their acting, manic/mania delivery, the satire of Gen Z cliches and just in general an over anxious, self righetous, self interested cultural moment

it's rough around the edges, with a tone that is all over the place, a manic plot to match the writing, that veers into horror and feels like sketch comedy a lot of the time, it isn't a message movie, it has some messages, and something to say about feminism and patriarchy, and teenage sexuality, but it says different things at different points, and is tongue in cheek the entire time. The setting is like a hyper exaggerated school/world.

I really liked both leads, but Sennott I remember from Bodies Bodies Bodies, she was fukking hilarious. This is how a lot of women I know come across. Ayo is a little more straight man to her unhinged partner.

it's one of the more pure fun I had at the movies, at a movie like this. But, that said, a lot of the jokes are under the radar nods at bell hooks and second wave feminism, it's NOT a movie I could recommend to any of my boys.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Thought this was really fun and funny in a lot of moments, but a lot of was just the sheer force of the leads, their acting, manic/mania delivery, the satire of Gen Z cliches and just in general an over anxious, self righetous, self interested cultural moment

it's rough around the edges, with a tone that is all over the place, a manic plot to match the writing, that veers into horror and feels like sketch comedy a lot of the time, it isn't a message movie, it has some messages, and something to say about feminism and patriarchy, and teenage sexuality, but it says different things at different points, and is tongue in cheek the entire time. The setting is like a hyper exaggerated school/world.

I really liked both leads, but Sennott I remember from Bodies Bodies Bodies, she was fukking hilarious. This is how a lot of women I know come across. Ayo is a little more straight man to her unhinged partner.

it's one of the more pure fun I had at the movies, at a movie like this. But, that said, a lot of the jokes are under the radar nods at bell hooks and second wave feminism, it's NOT a movie I could recommend to any of my boys.
what would you give it out of 10?

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
what would you give it out of 10?

6+? Something like that. But, you have to kind of qualify yourself to go see this. If you could handle Bros you can probably handle this. Or Love Simon has a lot from that movie too.

it's a mess tonally at times, like the characters, who intentionally veer from anxiety ridden to empowered women within seconds, the tone can give you whiplash, like the unhinged texts from Gen Z to each other.

it's like a skit more than a real movie.

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
This wasn’t bad but it’s easily the most overrated movie of 2023. Every review and outlet was hailing this as an instant classic but was just okay. I got the jokes but they didn’t land enough for me.

The third act didn’t make any sense to me either.