Boondocks Season 4 Premieres Tomorrow - Pretty Boy Flizzy Promo Trailer

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Episode had me dying. Some of the stuff they were doing was so OTT that I couldn't help but laugh. I would have said it was brave to do a Tom centric episode as the opener but it's the last season so I'll reserve that praise.

The most glaring omission from the episode was that Flizzy didn't speak on the labels or the media (TMZ etc.) at all. He had no problem shytting on women and the current state of the music industry and semi bringing to light that many incident's are to keep people in the current consciousness. However, I was waiting for him to at least implicate that the labels and media want, foster and help to make sure that this is the image that is foremost above all else.

I loved seeing Riley hit that smooth backhand to turn off the light and that spinning wall walk on the other one.

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
just watched it on on-demand it wasnt as bad as people making it out to be. It was just okay and had some funny parts. It didn't much different from an episode that would've aired in the other 3 seasons. My only major complaint would be that this shouldn't have been the opener, next weeks episode would've made more sense.

Last edited:

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Show was c00nfest.. folks just dont want to admit it. Most black folks didnt find that episode that funny but the cacs found it hilarious.. and reason being is that all the jokes are on black folks. This is the same reason chappelle walked away from his show. started with good intent but at a certain point the Shuckin and jivin and entertainment aspect overshawdowed any redeeming social messages or parody.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Show was c00nfest.. folks just dont want to admit it. Most black folks didnt find that episode that funny but the cacs found it hilarious.. and reason being is that all the jokes are on black folks. This is the same reason chappelle walked away from his show. started with good intent but at a certain point the Shuckin and jivin and entertainment aspect overshawdowed any redeeming social messages or parody.
Shut up....

I swear nikkas can't have shyt without the word c00n, sellout, or stereotypes thrown out.

:snoop:

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shut up....

I swear nikkas can't have shyt without the word c00n, sellout, or stereotypes thrown out.

:snoop:
This show aint for "nikkas". Its for white folks to laugh at black folks calling each other "nikka" under the guise of parody. This show is on cartoon network not tv one. Cacs are the target consumers and majority viewers. Smarten up you dumb "nikka"

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
This show aint for "nikkas". Its for white folks to laugh at black folks calling each other "nikka" under the guise of parody. This show is on cartoon network not tv one. Cacs are the target consumers and majority viewers. Smarten up you dumb "nikka"
Blase Blah

:snooze:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
As old as the subject may be, Chris Brown is still in trouble, so it's still relevant. And I like the parody of the songs, and :salute: my man Michael B. Jordan

When I realized it was him, the episode became funnier.."Can I tell you my side though?" Tom interjects. "Can I tell you my side though?" *same vocal inflection*

h2o_proof

Thread Closed...As Usual
Daps
Reppin
Houston
NO different than season 3.

Honestly if l the news about no mcgruder ever came out we would never have known the difference.

The novelty had worn off after s2. Plus the long waits between seasons plus us gettin a lot older since the premiere don't help either. Im still gonna watch though.

I was talking to my homeboy about this because I already knew what he was gonna say about the episode last night 2 weeks ago when he showed me the news about McGruder.

What has to be taken into consideration is how much more mature you are from 4 years ago if the humor doesn't ring as funny. The satire is still there and on point, however if you got more laughs from the jokes rather than the satire in past years, you're kinda missing the point. Random observation from peoples comments in person, on various sites and social media and you see that the funniest moment was the Uncle Ruckus rant smh.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Boondocks is weird....I can't really explain it.

It's not funny at all...like there isn't anything in it that actually makes me laugh. But for some reason its interesting enough to keep me watching.

h2o_proof

Thread Closed...As Usual
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Boondocks is weird....I can't really explain it.

It's not funny at all...like there isn't anything in it that actually makes me laugh. But for some reason its interesting enough to keep me watching.

It's the satire dog, I enjoy that shyt too.