Books you feel will eventually be turned into movies or shows

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I love the first law series. Very interesting and morally gray characters, political intrigue and backstabbery, gritty raw fights and brutality, very subtle magic, interesting lore and various continents and regions.

It's very much like Game of Thrones in its own way but very different at the same time.

With all that said, Netflix needs to stay far the fukk away from it. HBO would be much more suitable.

Even then it would require a lot of talent and care for it to be executed properly and done justice.

It could even potentially work animated depending on the style. That crab episode of Love death and robots season 3 would be perfect if it was. But stupid expensive.

I think Netflix can handle the OG trilogy. :yeshrug: They did good with TLK and it would be the lowest fantasy compared to what they have now.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
I think Netflix can handle the OG trilogy. :yeshrug: They did good with TLK and it would be the lowest fantasy compared to what they have now.

I've never seen the last kingdom. I was thinking more The Witcher which was pretty mid and corny in a lot of ways.

Something close to that show See on Apple TV would be a good way to go as well.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I've never seen the last kingdom. I was thinking more The Witcher which was pretty mid and corny in a lot of ways.

I bring it up because it's a better show than Witcher and a better one to compare to First Law. I recommend you try it out. TLK is also based on a book series (Saxon Stories) and even though they had to play with time/pacing, had to condense books and may have been affected by COVID, it stayed good, didn't shyt the bed like HBO's GOT did and wrapped up nicely. :francis: Has a movie coming out soon.

A lot of the Dane/Viking fukkery in TLK reminds me of the Northmen stuff in First Law (I know Abercrombie based them on Vikings/Scots).

Uhtred can also be compared to Logen in how they are both warriors with big rep, and fought for a unifier King that treated them like shyt. :mjgrin:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I just finished the third book of Remembrance of Earth's Past (The Three Body Problem, The Dark Forest, and Deaths End) and this is definitely a series i can see being turned into a 5+ series show. It deals a lot about how first contact would be with extraterrestrials, why cant we detect other beings out there, how humans would cope with such news (think religion, denial, etc). On top of that its deals with some cool theories in science.

What are some books youve read that you feel will be on a screen sooner or later?
Just saw this thread for the first time. Netflix is turning it into a TV series

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Erick Larson "Devil in the White city."
In 2019, Hulu began developing a series based on the book. Leonardo DiCaprio and Martin Scorsese will be the executive producers of the project along with Stacey Sher. It was announced in January 2022, that actor Keanu Reeves was in negotiations to star in series and Todd Field would direct the first two episodes

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Red Rising. It's one of my favorite series. The best way to describe it is Game of Thrones in space with some class revolt thrown in. With the proper budget, studio, pacing and acting it'll definitely be a water cooler series.
15839976.jpg

Of course there's others like The Warlord Chronicles and the Sun Eater series that deserve attention.
Regarding Warlord Chronicles...

In 2020, Epix announced that a live-action television adaptation of the series, entitled The Winter King, was in development with One Big Picture and Bad Wolf.[3] On April 4, 2022, Bad Wolf announced that Kate Brooke and Ed Whitmore would be the showrunners of the series, that filming would begin in late 2022 in Wales, and that the series would no longer air on Epix.[4]

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Regarding Warlord Chronicles...

In 2020, Epix announced that a live-action television adaptation of the series, entitled The Winter King, was in development with One Big Picture and Bad Wolf.[3] On April 4, 2022, Bad Wolf announced that Kate Brooke and Ed Whitmore would be the showrunners of the series, that filming would begin in late 2022 in Wales, and that the series would no longer air on Epix.[4]
Great news. I kinda looked at it sideways when I heard it was attached to Epix. Looking at the showrunners IMDB, they have experience but they don't have significant showrunner experience. Though this is probably not being looked at or given the budget of a potential watercooler show.

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
I just finished the third book of Remembrance of Earth's Past (The Three Body Problem, The Dark Forest, and Deaths End) and this is definitely a series i can see being turned into a 5+ series show. It deals a lot about how first contact would be with extraterrestrials, why cant we detect other beings out there, how humans would cope with such news (think religion, denial, etc). On top of that its deals with some cool theories in science.

What are some books youve read that you feel will be on a screen sooner or later?
I read TBP a while back, felt kinda tedious at times, but was good overall. Feel like a show could depict a lot of existential thoughts. Have Dark Forest but haven’t started it.

Parable of the Sower would be dope af, especially if they did it with the type of realism and darkness that The Road had.

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
World War Z done in the anthology type of way, as done in the book & and focusing on how culture/location/tech would effect every nation or region’s response would also be fire.

The movie with Brad Pitt was dope, but the book’s style of telling the story is way better.

A well done documentary based off The Warmth of Other Suns would be great too. The book itself damn near should be required reading. It done in a way similar to 13th by DuVernay would probably draw a lot of viewers.

Last edited:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Some comic books…
  • Bone - Netflix recently canceled it before it even started when they decided to slash and burn the animation department
  • Scalped - WGN was going to do this a few years ago with an all Native American cast then they decided to cut out all original programming to cut costs
  • Maus
  • American Vampire
  • East of West
  • Fables - with the extended universe it has there is several shows and movies you could make out of this and have it running for like a decade+
  • Giant Days
  • Harrow County
  • Lumberjanes
  • Pretty Deadly
  • Transmetropolitan
  • Manifest Destiny
  • Saga - I am going to say it’s only a matter of time with this one, especially if Brian K. Vaughan’s Paper Girls adaptation does well
  • Berlin
  • They Called Us Enemy
  • Essex County

Last edited:

Made Man

All Star
Daps
Red Rising. It's one of my favorite series. The best way to describe it is Game of Thrones in space with some class revolt thrown in. With the proper budget, studio, pacing and acting it'll definitely be a water cooler series.
15839976.jpg

Of course there's others like The Warlord Chronicles and the Sun Eater series that deserve attention.
I think this is perfect for a tv show . Especially with the class uprising theme and the Hunger Games vibes style of the first book . It’s literally Hunger Games + GOT+ Star Wars in one series . There would have to be some great effects though, especially in you want to differentiate between the golds and everyone else .

Imagine seeing an Iron Rain on screen :ohlawd: