Books you feel will eventually be turned into movies or shows

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I just finished the third book of Remembrance of Earth's Past (The Three Body Problem, The Dark Forest, and Deaths End) and this is definitely a series i can see being turned into a 5+ series show. It deals a lot about how first contact would be with extraterrestrials, why cant we detect other beings out there, how humans would cope with such news (think religion, denial, etc). On top of that its deals with some cool theories in science.

What are some books youve read that you feel will be on a screen sooner or later?
This is already coming Internationally and also a Netflix version

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is already coming Internationally and also a Netflix version
:ohhh: when did this happen? I hope they do it justice. My only complaint about the books is that the characters seems like plot devices just to keep the overall story moving...if that make sense any.

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
:ohhh: I haven’t thought about these books in a minute, but you’re right

really great series from what I remember:ehh:

dap + rep

edit: I thought this was a trilogy :dwillhuh: I need to read this all over again

I just finished Morning Star (book #3) a couple weeks ago, and now I need to find the time and read Iron Gold and Dark Age before the next book that's released this year.

This is definitely a series I see myself reading once every other year.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
With all these streamers going in on low/high fantasy and medieval shows. I expect to hear about some kind of adaptation for The First Law series.

I'm surprised Netflix hasn’t hit up Joe Abercrombie yet.

I love the first law series. Very interesting and morally gray characters, political intrigue and backstabbery, gritty raw fights and brutality, very subtle magic, interesting lore and various continents and regions.

It's very much like Game of Thrones in its own way but very different at the same time.

With all that said, Netflix needs to stay far the fukk away from it. HBO would be much more suitable.

Even then it would require a lot of talent and care for it to be executed properly and done justice.

It could even potentially work animated depending on the style. That crab episode of Love death and robots season 3 would be perfect if it was. But stupid expensive.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I haven't read a book in a while but when I finished The Devil in the White City, I figured that might be a book.

And now Leo DiCaprio is going to be in that. But I think it's made for tv. Or a mini series.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
The Institute but I believe HBO is making a miniseries

I'm still waiting on the Brilliance trilogy. They had plans of the movies, and then....nothing

Was gonna say this but i think we'll get a TV series instead