Books - what are you reading? (Official Book Thread)

Daps
Sex_at_Dawn_Ryan_Jetha_2010.jpg

How is it so far? It sitting on my shelf waiting to be read. About to start
2666bolano_1.jpg

Heard so many great things about this, hope its worth it:sadcam: It'll easily be the longest book I've read so far

Daps
It's okay. It's a little biased towards polyamory and the author discredits evolutionary psychology which I don't agree with

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I finished that Castro book. Oddly enough half of the book has the letters in English and then the other half of the book has the letters in it's original Spanish form. Makes me wish I knew Spanish :snoop:
Hope I go to Nicaragua this may *fingers crossed*

Anyway towards the end the book began to really touch me and one of the things that he said sounded brilliant and selfless, but it also described Cuba as a state, it read:

"I could live extravagantly on forty cents a day, spent wisely despite the high cost of living. I am not exaggerating, I speak with the greatest frankness in the world. My worth will decrease as I become accustomed to needing more things to live, as I forget that it is possible to lack everything and not feel unhappy"

Good book, wish I knew Spanish. Oh well.

Deadpool1986

Cook with a Mouth
Daps
Reppin
#midnightboyz/ #Neggas-Black & White/ #TNT
The last book I read was this!!!
41vU51c-KtL._SY344_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

In the opening scenes of Moorhead's downer debut, an acerbic, unnamed narrator goes on a bender that takes her from a Philadelphia house party to the East Village and Brooklyn and finally to her mother's New Jersey home. Haunted by the memory of her ex-boyfriend, Daniel, the narrator betrays her keen vulnerability via her brusque, sardonic commentary on her activities and the men she encounters at parties and in bars. References to meds and panic attacks hint at deeper reasons for the narrator's indulgence in alcohol and drugs, but these are left unexplored. Similarly murky is the nature of the narrator's relationship with her mother, who sees that her daughter is troubled and yet plies her with pot. Moorhead captures the unhappy recklessness of a wayward 20-something, from booze and drugs to a series of chance encounters with an alluring stranger. If Bukowski were alive and writing from the point of view of a troubled young woman, it'd read like this. (Nov.)

Daps
Just finished this

americangods__span.jpg

shyt was incredible. About to read his other book Neverwhere
I initially was disappointed by what i thought was a anti climatic ending, but I actually loved the ending, because I can't say that I saw it coming.
The scene where shadow dies on the tree was :ohlawd: the whole experience was written so detailed, every moment of his descent into delirium is feels experienced. That scene along with his death sequence was def the highlight of the book for me.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I initially was disappointed by what i thought was a anti climatic ending, but I actually loved the ending, because I can't say that I saw it coming.
The scene where shadow dies on the tree was :ohlawd: the whole experience was written so detailed, every moment of his descent into delirium is feels experienced. That scene along with his death sequence was def the highlight of the book for me.
I feel like the last quarter of the book was so fukking neat and concise. So much more than I thought it would be. I'm so used to the really stupid vague endings and what not, but I can honestly say I wouldn't have changed a single thing. And I"m hearing that he's writing a sequel to it :wow:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Recently read
images
, good in some parts, really slow in others. If you really like science detail, he's good. I don't, ha! I'll find something soon, been very lazy.

Just finished "Sorry Please Thank You" but Charles Yu, collection of innovative short stories, kind of science fictionish but really talks about human condition in our age. Great read;

I just finished his latest, maybe the short story style will suit you more, it usually works well for me. This one doesn't have much science detail either, really more about human interaction/condition.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Just finished hunger games and about to start the boy in the striped pajamas.