Books - what are you reading? (Official Book Thread)

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My favorite Murakami book. His other books get more hype but to me this one has all of his usual surreal stuff but with actual direction and is somewhat coherent.

51KjxMpBPIL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
I recently read A Wild Sheep Chase and loved it. I tried to download more of his books but then shyts are hard to come by online

Might have to just pay up

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I recently read A Wild Sheep Chase and loved it. I tried to download more of his books but then shyts are hard to come by online

Might have to just pay up
I was planning on reading A Wild Sheep Chase but saw it was the third book of the Rat series, so I don't know if I want to invest that much time :patrice:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was planning on reading A Wild Sheep Chase but saw it was the third book of the Rat series, so I don't know if I want to invest that much time :patrice:
I didn't even know it was part of a trilogy till I looked up his other work.

It was fine as a standalone book honestly

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The feds shut down Z Library :mjcry::mjcry::mjcry:

What the fukk am I gonna do? :mjcry:
Next to theColi that was the GOAT site on the net:wow:

...thank GAWD I went HAM when I discovered that goldmine:ohlawd:

You can alway try epub vk if they didin't snatch those up yet:francis:

Last edited:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Work book club reading:

51oKk1CgCnL._AC_SY780_.jpg
Threw this book in the bushes, life's too short to read books that aint your style. Book was about a chubby chick turned lawyer who was experiencing racism being the only black person in her law firm but is having an affair with a married white man who dies at the office under mysterious circumstances. She instantly gets promoted into general concil/partner after his death in what might be a coverup.

Maybe I've been in TLR too long, but it was hard to take this chick's insights on microaggressions et al seriously when she's working for a racist company and banging a married white man.

Currently reading these two books. (One for productivity and one for pleasure)

Started reading this book a few months ago and only made it halfway. All the stuff I implemented had a huge positive impact on my day-to-day as it is, but I want to finish the book to get the full experience
51vQKr4lnGL.jpg

Book 3 of The Expanse series. I'm digging the author(s) so imma knock out all 9 eventually
51kJA3pI7SL._AC_SY780_.jpg

Daps
Threw this book in the bushes, life's too short to read books that aint your style. Book was about a chubby chick turned lawyer who was experiencing racism being the only black person in her law firm but is having an affair with a married white man who dies at the office under mysterious circumstances. She instantly gets promoted into general concil/partner after his death in what might be a coverup.

Maybe I've been in TLR too long, but it was hard to take this chick's insights on microaggressions et al seriously when she's working for a racist company and banging a married white man.
At the bolded part - Let me guess? It was the white boss' white wife that killed him because the white couldn't stand that he cheated on her with a black woman and the white wife just didn't understand the power of white men/black women couples!? LOL

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
At the bolded part - Let me guess? It was the white boss' white wife that killed him because the white couldn't stand that he cheated on her with a black woman and the white wife just didn't understand the power of white men/black women couples!? LOL
I thought about sticking w/ the book long enough to figure out whodunnit and then decided against it. I'm too disinterested to even google that ish :yeshrug: