Booker T on the racist angle with Triple H "It was just business "

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's when he won the WCW title for the first time, second brother to win it after Ron Simmons, after some epic fukkery where Jarrett laid down for Hogan, then Russo legit fired Hogan on air and set a new match for the title between Jarrett and Booker. And it was a realllllllly good match

but it came out later that Russo and them decided to have him win as a way to hedge against a pending lawsuit alleging racism in WCW (click that link and read that shyt, it's deep). Which all made it really fukking ironic when Booker made these comments about Sasha, and how he wouldn't want a title given to him just because of some outside pressure.

Going off his short-lived podcast, Stevie Ray seems like a cool ass dude. I'd way rather listen to him talk:francis: Hearing him tell the story of what Chain Gang was supposed to be (before they threw Col. Parker out there and make it look like some slave shyt) had me:ohhh:

That match is weird

Jarrett is heel...Booker T is good guy
Booker T hits jarett wit title belt and jarrett kicks out
Booker T uses a chair jarrett kicks out
A 2nd run ref out to count the final pin

mattw1313

Superstar
Daps
That match is weird

Jarrett is heel...Booker T is good guy
Booker T hits jarett wit title belt and jarrett kicks out
Booker T uses a chair jarrett kicks out
A 2nd run ref out to count the final pin

Fair, but Jarrett introduced both objects, Booker just thwarted him and used them against him. And he had a little extra time to kick out bc of the knocked out ref. Booker overcame two nut shots before those kick outs to persist, hit the finisher and win the title. 2nd referee was a little weird, but it's not the first time:yeshrug:

It's more of an...overall feel to the match that I dig. Intense, fast paced from start to finish. Felt like a big fight. Emotional win with the crowd going nuts for Booker

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
The Booker/Jarrett match was nice. They actually did a watch a long of it a couple weeks ago. Was cool to get both their perspective on it after all these years. The T still stands for Tom though.

Buzzed Lightyear

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Hog Wild '96 took place today, he'd come out in a MAGA hat & wouldn't have got 90% of the boos they got that night.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
He squashed Shelton and MVP in 08

I remember when they gave MVP the losing streak gimmick and Vickie made him face Big Show in a Last Man Standing match. If MVP lost, Triple H wouldn't get to be in the Royal Rumble.

Triple H basically said that he didn't care about MVP's career or how much money he's lost. If he didn't beat Big Show, then Triple H was going to beat the shyt out of him with the sledgehammer. It reminds me that Triple H wasn't really a face, just a heel with extra steps. :mjpls:

Last edited: