Booker T on the racist angle with Triple H "It was just business "

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
Booker T was asked if he regrets the finish of his angle and WrestleMania match with Triple H.

There were heavy racial undertones during that storyline and many fans thought that Booker should have won the feud but that’s not how things played out .... Booker T said the Following

“It was business. Just like until I had Jeff Jarrett on the show and we talked about Bash at the Beach, it was the first time Jeff and I had ever uttered a word about it. It wasn’t about us getting our thrills off of what happened that night. At the end of the night, Jeff got paid. I got paid.

We all went home and hopefully, we lived to do it another day. That’s what for me is what it was all about. Even with the Triple H match, I forgot all about that match after I got the check. I’m serious.

When you get a check big enough to where you can pay for your house, you don’t think about the title or the match or anything like that. You think about, good God, I come from South Park, TX. I’m used to getting checks every two weeks from a job.

When I got into the wrestling business and I started seeing those checks, the last thing I was thinking about was the title other than being the best guy in the locker room so I could keep getting those checks.”

What a chump:francis:

Daps
He basically...
full

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I’ll never understand the need for these types of people to justify their butter biscuits. If you’re on that type of time, cool (not cool), but don’t put that bullshyt in the air. There are generations of people who have to follow you and have to deal with the ramifications of your decisions, good and bad. In the wrestling industry and especially WWE, the opportunities are already few and far in between for people who look like Book. No reason to be the c00n oracle that’s always looked at to speak on issues like this to justify shytty decisions.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Booker T a whore for the paycheck confirmed.

On a certain level I understand where he's coming from; being a convicted felon probably changes your perspective on something like this even 30 some odd years after the fact. However, I still think it's a horrible example to set for others (not just your fellow Blacks, but everyone who's involved with the business on any level) and it doesn't change my feelings on the match and angle (probably my most hated moment in wrestling...I can't think of any others that immediately come to mind as competition right now).