Votes: 64 43.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
:russ: at nikkas havin' to rally the troops to help BTNH get over.

:pachaha: at alleged hip-hop fans not knowing who EPMD is, which says more about them than EPMD.

:mjlol: at Wacky's downplaying of EPMD like they got no place in this shyt when they obviously do.

Claiming EPMD is just a New York thing is just another thing some of you Coli nikkas are so wrong about. I know y'all came up in the era where a nikka's hometown makes a difference whether you listen to 'em or not, but EPMD thrived when that shyt mattered much less, and their records had major appeal on the West Coast because they were one of the very few rap groups using samples from funk records. They flipped "More Bounce to the Ounce" first, they sampled a GANG of records that other artists later sampled... and not just on some coincidental shyt... I mean they did it as a homage to the way EPMD did it- shout to Warren G, Bleek, the DMX breakdown of the sample on "Get At Me Dog" (that's not the original record, that's the same thing EPMD did to the sample on their song... Mase had a song that did it too)... how many R&B hits were made off the "You're A Customer" beat... people might forget and some don't even know in the first place, but EPMD are every bit as influential as BTNH. Yeah, I'd say that today, BTNH's influence is more present... but that's not necessarily a positive if you think of how many wack rap nikkas are out there "harmonizing" over slow jams.

Ian1362

david ruffin in the flesh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Lol. You're a Ladies Room troll. My pimp hand strong in real life. Cut it out. You got better things to do, like having starships and moons sketched in your head by the children's neighborhood barber.

No surprise most of the shytposting is coming from two of the most garbage posters in the entire forum, Wacky D's :lupe: self and that north african dusthead looking motherfukker

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
No surprise most of the shytposting is coming from two of the most garbage posters in the entire forum, Wacky D's :lupe: self and that north african dusthead looking motherfukker

Basically. Wacky D is a weirdo but I believe he actually believes most the sh!t he posts on here. @observe is an online troll who can't rap for sh!t and finds giggles by posting dumb sh!t that excites the
simps and broads in the Ladies Room.

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
Basically. Wacky D is a weirdo but I believe he actually believes most the sh!t he posts on here. @observe is an online troll who can't rap for sh!t and finds giggles by posting dumb sh!t that excites the
simps and broads in the Ladies Room.

Says I can't rap for shyt yet has sold 245 albums on the coli and made $23,785 off my album y'all..

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I respect that. I couldn't tell you about then. AOW is highly revered by their core fans now. To me it's aged better than E.99, aside from the singles on E.99

What's your take on Bone vs EPMD emcee wise?
I'll take EPMD - but neither group is really about the lyrics for me.

Sermon's prod alone makes that untrue

Get At Me Dog is a Sermon beat, and it jump started a multi plat career. who ever tried to sound like U Neek? dude never even got work outside of Bone, he wasnt a sought-after guy
I never understood that. He was making these massive singles and he never once got tapped? :ohhh:
* looks at poll numbers

@Wacky D

Russ-Troll.gif
Too soon breh :mjcry:

Never thought I'd see Big Mel posting a video from Nastradamus (I understand why - but still)
u-neek laid the blueprint down for trap.
Sermon laid the blueprint down for g funk.
turn on the radio breh. bone's dna is all over the place.

aint nobody getting in the booth riding off of epmd's struggle flows.

epmd didnt create samples.

epmd didnt create all these beats.

hell, theyre not even the first rappers to sample that beat jay & foxy used.
Who was the first to touch it?
ive never listened to fukkin epmd in my life
How's that even possible? :snoop:
aight..

who the fukk is epmd?
:mjlol:
people talking this influence stuff need to just come out with it and say that epmd had more influence ON THE EAST COAST.
On the west coast actually.
EPMD flow is so :flabbynsick:

It's despicable :heh:
Your tone changed quick once the Bone troops showed up. :lolbron:
and bone has more influence on the east than epmd has outside of the east.

:lupe:

Based on a Max B song? :stopitslime:
i still have no clue what the fukk that is..:mindblown:
Bone was down by a lot ,, luckily I know people in high places :lolbron:
@observe came thru and crushed the buildings. :lupe:
lol @ wack ass epmd being more influential than bone thugs

you tri state fakkits are somethin else :mjlol:
Stop trolling
#tnt vote for bone
@61 Corpses came thru and crushed the buildings again. :whew:
:dwillhuh:Nikkas rigging the poll now.Bone is winning:what:
Ain't no rule against tagging people to vote. :yeshrug:
Does cheapen the win though when the people voting don't even know who EPMD are :mjlol:
EPMD was doing that funky shyt before Dre was and Eric Sermon's sampling changed the game.
:blessed:
:russ: at nikkas havin' to rally the troops to help BTNH get over.

:pachaha: at alleged hip-hop fans not knowing who EPMD is, which says more about them than EPMD.

:mjlol: at Wacky's downplaying of EPMD like they got no place in this shyt when they obviously do.

Claiming EPMD is just a New York thing is just another thing some of you Coli nikkas are so wrong about. I know y'all came up in the era where a nikka's hometown makes a difference whether you listen to 'em or not, but EPMD thrived when that shyt mattered much less, and their records had major appeal on the West Coast because they were one of the very few rap groups using samples from funk records. They flipped "More Bounce to the Ounce" first, they sampled a GANG of records that other artists later sampled... and not just on some coincidental shyt... I mean they did it as a homage to the way EPMD did it- shout to Warren G, Bleek, the DMX breakdown of the sample on "Get At Me Dog" (that's not the original record, that's the same thing EPMD did to the sample on their song... Mase had a song that did it too)... how many R&B hits were made off the "You're A Customer" beat... people might forget and some don't even know in the first place, but EPMD are every bit as influential as BTNH. Yeah, I'd say that today, BTNH's influence is more present... but that's not necessarily a positive if you think of how many wack rap nikkas are out there "harmonizing" over slow jams.
:salute:
:mjlol: based on what? post one Neek beat that comes close to sounding like trap

i want a link, not some beat around the bush answer or ill move your threads off the strength of low quality posting
I got 5x as many troops ready for action when that bone vs wu tang thread pops off:mjpls:
:merchant:

:mjcry:

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Says I can't rap for shyt yet has sold 245 albums on the coli and made $23,785 off my album y'all..

Don't give a fvck if you sold diamond and got a record deal with Jesus....you can't rap, bruh. Sorry to be the harbinger of bad news :yeshrug: