Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

selam

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
learn to let go brehs.

if you didn't see this dip coming, admit you were wrong and take the small loss.

if you are able to admit when you are wrong, you will be successful. Nothing cool about taking punishment. Take profit or a loss........... don't hold to losers!!

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Im extremely new to this

New as in saw this thread and was like i should learn about this :dead:

Is there anything I can use to make a mock/practice portfolio? I know some sites allow it but I want the best possible one
Just go to betterment and open an account. They choose for you. Just put money in and they do the work

DSGB

Pro
Daps
Just saw this thread.

I started out like many here. Chasing quick bucks but I changed strategies and went the long-term route (sticking together like flour and water to make that slow dough ... for the Outkast fans). I try to buy good companies with history of rebounding after tough quarters. CAT, AXP, NKE fit that profile. Dividends make it easier to stomach the pain.

- I bought some Ford calls this morning. $11 w/ 5% dividend. WIll drop a lot here after the high from the new CEO wears off. They will announce a special dividend or stock buyback in next 3 months.
- Eating good on Lumber Liquidators. I jumped this around $11 last Feb. Was a long slow ride, but sitting on $30 this morning. That one paid off big. I sold 25% of my stake at $26 to lock in profit. Riding it to 40+ with the rest.
- Jumped on some UAA (Under Armour) too.

Otherwise, I'm waiting on dips and not getting to overextended so I can make a move next time Trump does some Trump-ish shyt.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
been riding the BBRY resurgence , looking to sell some put spreads either at 8.50 or 9.00 depending on action today

buying appl also at these levels, with hopes of getting back to 115-120

looking at AA

FYI - quick look back

AAPL at 150 since posting

black berry at 11.53 almost doubleed my investment at 7

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Just saw this thread.

I started out like many here. Chasing quick bucks but I changed strategies and went the long-term route (sticking together like flour and water to make that slow dough ... for the Outkast fans). I try to buy good companies with history of rebounding after tough quarters. CAT, AXP, NKE fit that profile. Dividends make it easier to stomach the pain.

- I bought some Ford calls this morning. $11 w/ 5% dividend. WIll drop a lot here after the high from the new CEO wears off. They will announce a special dividend or stock buyback in next 3 months.
- Eating good on Lumber Liquidators. I jumped this around $11 last Feb. Was a long slow ride, but sitting on $30 this morning. That one paid off big. I sold 25% of my stake at $26 to lock in profit. Riding it to 40+ with the rest.
- Jumped on some UAA (Under Armour) too.

Otherwise, I'm waiting on dips and not getting to overextended so I can make a move next time Trump does some Trump-ish shyt.

Your doing great! I like your strategy keep it pushing

Trump may not have much fanfare, but business is booming and the gains have been good to many in the markets