Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Think the whole first quarter will be like this?

I have no idea. If china gets it shyt together, oil goes up, the dollar stops being so strong and the Fed stops looking like they have no idea what they're doing...then no. :heh:

Gundlach seems to think the first quarter will be like this. He sees markets recovering in the spring.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Well as long as the market don't straight up crash I'll be good. Might as well pick up some stocks for the low:ehh:

GE is below $30 so I'll pick up some of that.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:damn: Reading stocktwits and one dude said he lost 100k on GoPro.

If VR or their drones don't work out, I guess their only hope would be a buyout but even then, who would buy them? Obviously we all heard about the Apple rumors but I doubt even Apple would buy it unless it's on some throw away money shyt, like
DwQC8GG.gif

Crazy that GoPro was worth close to $100 only a year ago.
maybe not apple because it probably wouldnt be accretive ......unless its at this cheap ass price but then GoPro may have patents/intellectual property or products that Apple can leverage to improve their Iphones, Macs....etc.

...there are probably a fair amt of companies that i think would benefit from acquiring GoPro

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
maybe not apple because it probably wouldnt be accretive ......unless its at this cheap ass price but then GoPro may have patents/intellectual property or products that Apple can leverage to improve their Iphones, Macs....etc.

...there are probably a fair amt of companies that i think would benefit from acquiring GoPro

Apple can do what they do in-house. No way they buy them.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Apple can do what they do in-house. No way they buy them.
that might be so, but as far as I know they dont already so there is a cost with setting up the supply chains, processes, staffing, negotiations and all that.

fact is that GoPro is valued at like $1.5-2B right now. For a company like Apple...purchasing the company for $2.75B (a nice premium) is change to them

the company doesnt even have debt and has $500M in cash...smh. Current assets make up more than half its current market value :heh:and its working capital makes up about a third. Very undervalued imo

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Robinhood is updating pretty soon to instant transfers up to $1000 and also selling stock up to $1000. When this happens it will be :blessed: status. The only thing they need now is dividend reinvestment and TOD beneficiary and I'll be good. I'm not really into options or day trading at the moment so I don't really need anything else. I guess the option to short would be good but other than that it will be perfect for me when the update comes since I usually don't transfer more than $500 at a time.

Daps
Reppin
Queens/NYC
Well if a tiny country like Greece could have the effect on markets like it did last year what do you China is going to do?

China can tank but U.S. because of tech industry won't be affected FOR LONG. Mark Cuban I take his advice on a lot of things but he can't see what's happening on the ground level:

U.S. tech is growing exponentially YoY and there's not much that can stop it right now. Look at what's happening in the following spaces:

- The Cloud
- 3D Printing
- Data Analytics (closely connected with the Cloud features and capabilities now)
- Drones
- FinTech

Those are just the ones that are top of mind. There are hundreds of other categories popping up all which have real world applications and implications.

If we estimate even 1% of these categories will become a trillion dollar industry that is a huge boon for jobs and GDP. We will be insulated from shock as long as tech innovation which improves efficiency and productivity of daily life and companies continues to surge. M&A will surge in the next 10 years as big companies like Google, MSFT and Apple make strategic acquisitions.