Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Crony capitalism and repubs don't want to put on more debt. Its a good bank for trade finance but its biggest business is the Boeings and GE's of the world.

Gotcha. Realistically would Boeing ad GE be able to finance the deals themselves without too much burden? Hell GE held their own banking/finance arm.

Seems like there's the whole trickle down idea at play too.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Gotcha. Realistically would Boeing ad GE be able to finance the deals themselves without too much burden? Hell GE held their own banking/finance arm.

Seems like there's the whole trickle down idea at play too.

Yeah honestly I don't understand why Boeing needs a standby letter of credit from them. The only reason you'd use them is for collateral and to trade on/pull down some of the money. I certainly get their purpose if you're not a multibillion dollar company.

I understand why you want it from your counterparty in china or other shady countries (because you cant trust them) but I don't really get it for these huge companies.....they just want a government guarantee I guess :manny:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Yeah honestly I don't understand why Boeing needs a standby letter of credit from them. The only reason you'd use them is for collateral and to trade on/pull down some of the money. I certainly get their purpose if you're not a multibillion dollar company.

I understand why you want it from your counterparty in china or other shady countries (because you cant trust them) but I don't really get it for these huge companies.....they just want a government guarantee I guess :manny:

So it's more in the fact they're afraid of the money "disappearing" during a transaction. I'm sure there is an insurance vehicle of some sort they could use.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
So it's more in the fact they're afraid of the money "disappearing" during a transaction. I'm sure there is an insurance vehicle of some sort they could use.

Essentially. A lot of what the ex-im bank does is act as a third party to guarantee payment in case of default or other named perils. Its the US govt so its ironclad. But anyone can do this. Banks, insurance companies, etc. Usually you have to have a credit rating to be taken serious.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
I read that one thread you were bragging about making 14k while playing 2k:mjlol:

then you had a bad day :troll: and there were no more brag threads :mjcry:
I didnt make 14 k, i made 9,500 give or take 500 while playing madden, a while later i had one bad day and i lost 9000 waking up in the am and was down to 20,000.... started with 5000 ...any other questions?

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
I didnt make 14 k, i made 9,500 give or take 500 while playing madden, a while later i had one bad day and i lost 9000 waking up in the am and was down to 20,000.... started with 5000 ...any other questions?

I have 5k how do I start?