Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Toyota's trucks are popular in developing countries -- apparently even with the terror group ISIS.

Toyota has issued a statement saying it's going to cooperate with a U.S. inquiry into how relatively new Toyota Land Cruisers SUVs and Hilux pickups have been seen in convoys being run by the terror group in Iraq and Syria, Automotive News reports.

is this bullish for TM? :heh:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Has anyone heard of RealtyShares.com? Basically a 'kickstarter' type of investment into real estate. Looking to get thoughts on it if you've heard of it. @88m3 this might be up your alley with RE.

RealtyShares - Online Real Estate Investment Platform, Crowdfunding for Real Estate

I like it as an idea but in practice I'd need to see how it operates and returns. The flow of information and transparency would be really important to me. Just in working on the "little" projects I do you always run into problems that are time consuming and or expensive so the types of wrenches thrown at you on multimillion dollar projects somewhere around the country where you may not have a great grasp on what's going on seems like a pretty big gamble. I may give it a swing at some point so I'm bookmarking it for now. Personally I have projects ahead of me for the next five years.

I just read these quickly about Realty Shares.
RealtyShares Now Lets Investors Put Money Into Individual Real Estate Markets
RealtyShares Has Returned More Than $10 Million To Investors

I also came across this awhile back that may interest you.

NYC’s Next Hot Neighborhoods Targeted With Property Funds

Also thought this may be interesting
Blackstone unveils world's largest real estate investment fund

I'm also greatly worried about a real estate bubble in some parts of the country currently. With interest rates rising, stagnant wages, and the lack of a large number of well paying jobs it could result in unsustainable debt.

• Dap
Reactions: Ill

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
I like it as an idea but in practice I'd need to see how it operates and returns. The flow of information and transparency would be really important to me. Just in working on the "little" projects I do you always run into problems that are time consuming and or expensive so the types of wrenches thrown at you on multimillion dollar projects somewhere around the country where you may not have a great grasp on what's going on seems like a pretty big gamble. I may give it a swing at some point so I'm bookmarking it for now. Personally I have projects ahead of me for the next five years.

I just read these quickly about Realty Shares.
RealtyShares Now Lets Investors Put Money Into Individual Real Estate Markets
RealtyShares Has Returned More Than $10 Million To Investors

I also came across this awhile back that may interest you.

NYC’s Next Hot Neighborhoods Targeted With Property Funds

Also thought this may be interesting
Blackstone unveils world's largest real estate investment fund

I'm also greatly worried about a real estate bubble in some parts of the country currently. With interest rates rising, stagnant wages, and the lack of a large number of well paying jobs it could result in unsustainable debt.

I didn't really read the initial article. Like wouldn't you as an investor want control over things like the GC for instance? or are these already cash-flowing properties?

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I didn't really read the initial article. Like wouldn't you as an investor want control over things like the GC for instance? or are these already cash-flowing properties?

I would as well as subcontractors, I'd expect a timeline that is kept with penalties and possibly bonuses for beating/missing deadlines. The way I'm reading it is they're not cash-flowing properties but I'm not sure if that's the rule.

It's a very fickle business and my experiences over the years have shown problems are widespread and expensive with little recourse.

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Next American apparel?

LOL - what a coincidence I did the same thing on Friday once I read that. My wife used to work for Urban and lasted 2 months. They literally ran her down with expectations to close the store, then open 8 hours later amongst other foul stuff for peanuts. Meanwhile, the CEO was making some crazy salary :snoop:

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
TLT and the US dollar about the only things down in October.

CRNEiORUYAAPpqf.png