Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs. I'm brand new to this....I just created a ameritra de account and loaded 100 bucks. (Yea I know that's not much)....what type of companies would be good for beginners to buy and hold. I'm planning on loading more each pay check but I'm just trying to take it slow until I get more familiar with how this works

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Brehs. I'm brand new to this....I just created a ameritra de account and loaded 100 bucks. (Yea I know that's not much)....what type of companies would be good for beginners to buy and hold. I'm planning on loading more each pay check but I'm just trying to take it slow until I get more familiar with how this works

blue-chip, dividend paying stocks.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Thanks for the reply breh....before I read this a little earlier, I brought MSFT. Is that what you mean when you say blue chip?
Thanks in advance. Just like to know I'm headed in the right direction.

Yeah sorry, I was a little vague. Yeah big companies like that. People probably don't like MSFT's future as much as AAPL but I like MSFT.

You can't go wrong with AAPL, GOOGL, AMZN, JPM, GE, V, VZ , T, WMT, DIS.

this thread was quiet today but we usually talk a lot more about what everyone is trading.

usually there's a lot of short term "bets" in here maybe not investments.

I would look into index funds as well if you're looking to invest for the long term. Particularly Vanguard's funds.

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah sorry, I was a little vague. Yeah big companies like that. People probably don't like MSFT's future as much as AAPL but I like MSFT.

You can't go wrong with AAPL, GOOGL, AMZN, JPM, GE, V, VZ , T, WMT, DIS.

this thread was quiet today but we usually talk a lot more about what everyone is trading.

usually there's a lot of short term "bets" in here maybe not investments.

I would look into index funds as well if you're looking to invest for the long term. Particularly Vanguard's funds.

Thanks breh:salute:

I'm reading up on info as we speak. I was thinking of Disney after i get my deployment loot.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Thanks breh:salute:

I'm reading up on info as we speak. I was thinking of Disney after i get my deployment loot.

I also tell people who are new to check out reddit.com/r/investing and look at the sidebar on the right.

It has links to threads of people asking the same question and compiles a lot of good material together.

MusicConsulting

All Star
Daps
I also tell people who are new to check out reddit.com/r/investing and look at the sidebar on the right.

It has links to threads of people asking the same question and compiles a lot of good material together.
What is your opinion on Motleys Fools? I notice a few of the writers on there do not do investing & seem to b.s. a bit for a column.