Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
what's the catalyst here?
it was just oversold. the company was down 17% in two days...probably because of its reliance on China for growth. A lower Yuan means lower revenues and profits for GPro once converted to USD.

I know this stock like the back of my hand for the most part. By any dip. It will not be less than $62 once the next earnings release comes around and if it does it will solely be due to Macroeconomic factors that take the whole market down with it.

While were at it...with TV doing as trash as it has been keep your eyes on CBS. It could be at its bottom

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
the SPY is going to split one way or the other. Big move in either direction coming soon...maybe in september

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Relatives Buy Top 6 Floors of UES Condo Building for $59M

PrattFurnitureLegacy207
Why are buyers still joking around with a floor here, a few floors there. Think big, think bold, think single family high-rise. Why should you share this city with pissant lawyers and bankers, push those b*stards out to Brooklyn and keep Manhattan reserved for the fund managers, and better yet, sovereign state resource grifters. You didn't sell your country's mineral rights to Apple so you could live upstairs from some tech M&A schlub from Goldman.

from curbed

:lolbron:

Just waiting for the housing market to collapse again. I went to look at a 500k condo in Brooklyn last weekend in an okay area and it was smaller than my apartments in college.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Relatives Buy Top 6 Floors of UES Condo Building for $59M

PrattFurnitureLegacy207
Why are buyers still joking around with a floor here, a few floors there. Think big, think bold, think single family high-rise. Why should you share this city with pissant lawyers and bankers, push those b*stards out to Brooklyn and keep Manhattan reserved for the fund managers, and better yet, sovereign state resource grifters. You didn't sell your country's mineral rights to Apple so you could live upstairs from some tech M&A schlub from Goldman.

from curbed

:lolbron:

Just waiting for the housing market to collapse again. I went to look at a 500k condo in Brooklyn last weekend in an okay area and it was smaller than my apartments in college.

One of my biggest fears is buying before a collapse or waiting too long.

无名的

Superstar
Daps

We were looking at houses on the Westside of LA that were out of fukking control. Some 800k properties that were unbelievable 700sq ft shytholes being sold as teardowns for land value. Ended up moving to the Valley.

:francis:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
One of my biggest fears is buying before a collapse or waiting too long.

Yeah, I hear you there. I've been looking for a "home" to live in the last... I think it's been three years now in the city.
I've seen properties basically triple in price whether condo or multifamily. I think I'm just going to wait at this point and see what happens. I've got a great apartment that's rather large but essentially my rents is also triple what it was when I first moved here granted I've moved twice(all in the same neighborhood). For me the thing that sucks is that I can pretty much work from anywhere so when I think about the money I throw away granted it's a deduction it's angering. There's really no justification for where prices have gone on top of it. The services or I should say lack of are essentially the same as they always have been.

We were looking at houses on the Westside of LA that were out of fukking control. Some 800k properties that were unbelievable 700sq ft shytholes being sold as teardowns for land value. Ended up moving to the Valley.

:francis:

Yeah, I've heard it's really rough there. Were you happy with the place you found at the end of it all? I think the place I looked at was sub 500 sqft(sqft wasn't in the listing), it was marketed as a 1 bedroom and it was essentially a studio with a den. The interior of the building not the unit looked like it had been through a war despite being new construction, the area is okay but it's still rough and they were trying to get around $1000 per sqft. There's just no way I could justify that.

I came across this re san francisco this week.
This is how much you need to earn to get a mortgage in San Francisco - San Francisco Business Times

The place I rent now is about 1700 sqft and I could continue to rent indefinitely... I don't have any real interest in living anywhere else in the north east, can't really move abroad because of obligations, and I've joked around with the idea of Chicago but they're all messed up economically and I'd have to still commute to NY several times a year... granted the condos are cheap and large.

Feeling pretty stuck but maybe it's all in my head.

:yeshrug:

无名的

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, I've heard it's really rough there. Were you happy with the place you found at the end of it all? I think the place I looked at was sub 500 sqft(sqft wasn't in the listing), it was marketed as a 1 bedroom and it was essentially a studio with a den. The interior of the building not the unit looked like it had been through a war despite being new construction, the area is okay but it's still rough and they were trying to get around $1000 per sqft. There's just no way I could justify that.

I came across this re san francisco this week.
This is how much you need to earn to get a mortgage in San Francisco - San Francisco Business Times

The place I rent now is about 1700 sqft and I could continue to rent indefinitely... I don't have any real interest in living anywhere else in the north east, can't really move abroad because of obligations, and I've joked around with the idea of Chicago but they're all messed up economically and I'd have to still commute to NY several times a year... granted the condos are cheap and large.

Feeling pretty stuck but maybe it's all in my head.

:yeshrug:

Yeah I ended up in Hollywood in a brand new build home that is almost 2000 sq ft 4 bed 3 bath. That shyt would have been several million in West LA. The neighborhood is up and coming, so it's sketchy in places, but I feel like the property will appreciate more here than anything I could get in West LA and if the market corrects, I'm probably more insulated than West LA properties that have inflated beyond reason. shyt was appreciating 5% every month there. All Chinese cash buyers driving up prices. Homes would end up 100k over list. I'm glad we got into a place with space... 1 kid and found out 1 on the way plus a dog, so some of the 800 sq foot properties we were looking at were ludicrous in retrospect. The worst part is obviously the 2 hour commute to work there and back every day. And the 100 degree heat.

But I anticipate this place possibly doubling in value next 5 to 10 years and when I sell for over a million, I'm retiring before 40.

:shaq:

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Hey, i wanna start to get involved with investing. How do I go about it as a beginner?
i'd echo domingo's thoughts in the thread you started. use robinhood too. that way you can start off small and all your money goes to buying stock as opposed to a fee every time you buy and sell.