Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Before the storm ? The Greece issue is not finished/solved yet...

yeah I don't really get it. I think people on this side of the pond realize its not going to have a huge effect on things and is contained. But last Friday I thought we would sell off with it unsettled into the weekend but we didn't.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
yeah I don't really get it. I think people on this side of the pond realize its not going to have a huge effect on things and is contained. But last Friday I thought we would sell off with it unsettled into the weekend but we didn't.

I expected the week from hell but I guess not. Odd's of a rate hike in September still?

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
These labor participation numbers are abhorrent :mjlol:The media pundits and so-called experts talking about reduced slack in the jobs market all over though:scust:

I put the headlines from the NYT and Bloomberg next to one another and got a good laugh this morning.

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
my grandmaw wants chase to invest her money for her...thoughts fellas?

I use them for my business banking and they're pretty solid. I'd imagine they're fine and they have good websites and support. I use another bank for investments though because it predates my accounts with chase.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Yelp Inc., which hired Goldman Sachs Group Inc. to find a buyer, has temporarily decided not to pursue a sale, people with knowledge of the matter said.

The consumer-review website has had several interested suitors but isn’t pursuing a transaction in the immediate future, the people said, asking not to be identified because the information is private. San Francisco-based Yelp may pursue a deal again if co-founder and Chief Executive Officer Jeremy Stoppelman changes his mind, one of the people said.

Yelp has a market capitalization of about $3.1 billion. The company’s shares have slumped 17 percent since May 8, the day after Bloomberg and the Wall Street Journal reported Yelp was working with a bank to explore a sale. Yelp hired Goldman Sachs after receiving takeover interest, one of the people said.

down 11% after this. you could smell the bullshyt the day they announced this.