Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
LUMN. wow. i missed the move.

Starting to see why they say add to your winners. Had 1000 shares last week but took profits. Bought 400 shares yesterday,took profits earlier today before earnings but kept 50. Now i reached after hours and bought at 9$:francis:

But i cant harp on it,not taking profits has worked out horribly for me in the past too. Hate seeing that one get away. Wanted a long position but shook the markets coming back down.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
Starting to see why they say add to your winners. Had 1000 shares last week but took profits. Bought 400 shares yesterday,took profits earlier today before earnings but kept 50. Now i reached after hours and bought at 9$:francis:

But i cant harp on it,not taking profits has worked out horribly for me in the past too. Hate seeing that one get away. Wanted a long position but shook the markets coming back down.

that's hurts the most. i traded it few days ago. scalped for a quick profit. i realized that it's impossible for me to hit a home run cuz i'm done trading in 5min.

but green is green. time for me to move on. :francis:

if you want to hold your winner longer than try looking at 4hour chart and focus on MACD. if it stays crossed over then you can keep it longer. but don't do this on a shytty penny stocks. only the ones with options.

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown

that's hurts the most. i traded it few days ago. scalped for a quick profit. i realized that it's impossible for me to hit a home run cuz i'm done trading in 5min.

but green is green. time for me to move on. :francis:

if you want to hold your winner longer than try looking at 4hour chart and focus on MACD. if it stays crossed over then you can keep it longer. but don't do this on a shytty penny stocks. only the ones with options.
Can never do wrong taking profits though. Sure they could've been higher profits a lot of times, could've been losses too.
I rarely do shorter trades but if I end in the green I call it a succes, doesn't matter it could've been more

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How do y'all decide when to exit an option play??
Do you have a preset percentage goal or do you just go to expiration?

What timeframe i charted on,support and resistence. Did it just break an important level. News on the stock and volume. How confident I am and how much risk im willing to take that day. Which usually depends on how bad or how good my account is doing that day:pachaha:. Also the overall market. And last but not least,my gut. You win some you lose some:francis:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
How do y'all decide when to exit an option play??
Do you have a preset percentage goal or do you just go to expiration?

Unless you have a super defined well oiled process leave them shyts alone while you ahead. Ive made and lost 5 figures in seconds.

You basically gambling so as long as you accept that and have a risk system set up go for it but u need to find ur own way with that stuff cuz every risk tolerance and overall temperment is different

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps