Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
When will the bleeding stop man...it feels like there is no end in sight for a recovery.

I don’t think it’ll be any time soon. Feels like we’re due for more pain before the market gets back to normal and steady growth. I’m just DCA’ing into ETFs and the reliable dividend names in my portfolio like $KO, $CSCO and $CAT. I’ve been putting almost equal amounts into my savings accts as I have been into the market lately. I’d rather get 3.25% APY than keep dumping into the market if it’ll be another 2+ years to see real growth

I have a few growth stocks I’m hanging onto (although I am selling off two names for tax-loss harvesting purposes) but I’m generally a boring investor in general, I don’t trade options or make longshot investments, there are smarter posters in here who can give more insight than me just saying ‘uhhh be patient I guess’.

BlaxOps

Pro
Daps
Reppin
MiYaYo (Carol City)
Shares of Meta Platforms Inc. plunged more than 6% Tuesday after European Union regulators dealt its digital ad business a potentially devastating blow.
Privacy officials ruled Facebook 's parent company (META) should not require users to agree to personalized ads based on their online activity, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal , citing people familiar with the decision.

EU privacy law prohibits Meta platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram, from using their terms of service as a justification for allowing such advertising, regulators concluded in a series of decisions, the Journal reported. The new EU decisions can be appealed.

The EU rulings, if upheld, would "have a dramatic impact on Meta's revenue in Europe , kneecapping its ability to use information about its users' on-platform activities in order to sell targeted advertising," Insider Intelligence analyst Debra Aho Williamson said. " Europe had already been the region with Meta's largest losses in users and revenue."

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pure guess but I see a squeeze on the qqq to form a right shoulder, around 288, and then more pain.

Last edited:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Man Sofi got lumped up today.

I'm in complete cash still looking to maybe jump in on an XLE short. Feels a little frothy retesting prior highs
Took a month but jumped in on Friday. Closed out 40% of my contracts. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a weak rally tomorrow

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I don’t think it’ll be any time soon. Feels like we’re due for more pain before the market gets back to normal and steady growth. I’m just DCA’ing into ETFs and the reliable dividend names in my portfolio like $KO, $CSCO and $CAT. I’ve been putting almost equal amounts into my savings accts as I have been into the market lately. I’d rather get 3.25% APY than keep dumping into the market if it’ll be another 2+ years to see real growth

I have a few growth stocks I’m hanging onto (although I am selling off two names for tax-loss harvesting purposes) but I’m generally a boring investor in general, I don’t trade options or make longshot investments, there are smarter posters in here who can give more insight than me just saying ‘uhhh be patient I guess’.
Learned my lesson on investing. At this point I'll but names like Apple, Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Tesla and the ETF SCHD. The only risky stock I even dabble with is SoFi and I only buy $50 of that a week every other week.

Tesla is just living proof that you don't have to get into these unprofitable companies early days to make money. You can let them prove their business model works then get in when they start showing positive free cash flow and improving margins. All investments don't have to be sexy either. When Joseph Carlson proved that in the last 10 years Texas Roadhouse has better returns than Google people lost their minds.

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Not quite sure how to feel about this.

I mean guy had a following, got decimated on bad investments, then comes out and says I was addicted to buying unprofitable companies? Saying those decisions you made to invest in and promote those companies many of your followers also invested in because of your promotion was an addiction is kinda gross.

I bought a few stocks he promoted and lost money and while I don’t blame him for my decisions I also think a guy selling courses on how to invest then making bad investments and falling back on calling that an addiction is disgusting. Are you gonna refund your course buyers? Probably not.

How much did this buster end up losing? To the gulag with him :camby:

This shyt is addicting though :pachaha:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Not quite sure how to feel about this.

I mean guy had a following, got decimated on bad investments, then comes out and says I was addicted to buying unprofitable companies? Saying those decisions you made to invest in and promote those companies many of your followers also invested in because of your promotion was an addiction is kinda gross.

I bought a few stocks he promoted and lost money and while I don’t blame him for my decisions I also think a guy selling courses on how to invest then making bad investments and falling back on calling that an addiction is disgusting. Are you gonna refund your course buyers? Probably not.

Tesla's hot streak had everybody feelin' like they were geniuses. Especially this guy