Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
RIP NFLX holders

FB taking a fat L next week too

FB should be okay in the long run though, no? Having followers is like having currency. Twitter and Tik Tok cut into Instagram's numbers, but Instagram is still mega popular, isn't it?

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
FB should be okay in the long run though, no? Having followers is like having currency. Twitter and Tik Tok cut into Instagram's numbers, but Instagram is still mega popular, isn't it?
Facebook owns IG so I don’t think it makes a difference. They all have their own lane so I think they’ll all be ok

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Facebook owns IG so I don’t think it makes a difference. They all have their own lane so I think they’ll all be ok
Yea, that's what I was getting at.

@Scholar said that Facebook is taking a fat L next week, but they'll likely recover. I'm not really sure of Netflix's bounce back capability though.

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Yea, that's what I was getting at.

@Scholar said that Facebook is taking a fat L next week, but they'll likely recover. I'm not really sure of Netflix's bounce back capability though.
I think they’re banking on cracking down to subscription sharing leading to more subs and more revenue. I also read they lost a lot of subscribers in Europe and of course the mess in Russia didn’t help either

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
Netflix numbers in Europe are propably down due to other services launching over here too. Disney+, Prime Video and HBOMax all launched over here in the past two years, twelve months if we leave out Disney. They took away content from Netflix and people don't like to pay for multiple streaming services like that.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Netflix numbers in Europe are propably down due to other services launching over here too. Disney+, Prime Video and HBOMax all launched over here in the past two years, twelve months if we leave out Disney. They took away content from Netflix and people don't like to pay for multiple streaming services like that.
Netflix has reached market saturation. That doesn't bode well for Warner Discovery, Disney, Paramount, and Comcast. It shows the ceiling they're all likely to hit on sub counts before growing even further becomes difficult. Amazon won't have those issues because Prime is more than streaming.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
their global net subscribers missed big time. also EU subscribers cancelling their service went up. i'm watching TD ameritrade live and they mentioned it. seems like inflation was the cause of the spending cut.
It’s competition and then inflation and just the mere fact that at some point growth will slow down