Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Koapa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Arlington, Tx.
whats the effect of raising interest rates?

The effect is inflation plus raising the interest rates.

In regards to real estate, nothing, people still buying. Even with mortgage interest rates at 4.10%, its still one of the lowest in the past 25-30 years. Check out the historical rates for yourself. People are still gonna buy home. Supply and demand is still lopsided.

I just saw an article outta Dallas were a couple offered a new homebuyer $50k cash for the contract. My homeboy told me the same thing happen to his friend in Cali. The guy's realtor told him there is a couple willing to pay him over $200k his house contract.

Historical Mortgage Rates: Averages and Trends from the 1970s to 2019

The real issue is inflation. Everyday good and supplies are fukking stupid.

lib123

All Star
Daps
The effect is inflation plus raising the interest rates.

In regards to real estate, nothing, people still buying. Even with mortgage interest rates at 4.10%, its still one of the lowest in the past 25-30 years. Check out the historical rates for yourself. People are still gonna buy home. Supply and demand is still lopsided.

I just saw an article outta Dallas were a couple offered a new homebuyer $50k cash for the contract. My homeboy told me the same thing happen to his friend in Cali. The guy's realtor told him there is a couple willing to pay him over $200k his house contract.

Historical Mortgage Rates: Averages and Trends from the 1970s to 2019

The real issue is inflation. Everyday good and supplies are fukking stupid.

The goal of raising interest rates is to lower inflation. The more aggressively interest rates are hiked, the more downward pressure on inflation and asset prices.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Warren buffet investing billions in oxy. Brk, I mentioned months ago will outperform the sp500. They got some art folks working there. Oxy is still in a wedge, needs to get pass 59 to go higher but buffet does long term investing so I'm sure he'll be fine. Oil isn't dead.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The timing for gold is very interesting with a rounded bottom pattern forming on the monthly chart going back to 2020. It tested and bounce off a nice psychological level of 1900 today. If you look at the chart, the top was during aug 2020 was 2075 and it tested that again yesterday. I'm interested to see where it goes from here. I'm thinking higher personally especially with the way gold miner charts been looking. Nem, fcx.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This might lead to less viewers/subscribers though. I share with my parents and I would've cancelled long ago if I paid by myself. Anecdotal but I'm sure plenty people are in the same situation:yeshrug:
I know. It really could go either way.

We're about to REALLY see how much people value Netflix.

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LNTH can be a good long term name, they got some stuff for prostate cancer with good data, but small sample. Bios are obviously very very risky.
The share price has gone up a lot over the last month it seems, but it's definitely something to look into.