Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
makes our companies products more expensive overseas with a stronger dollar.

energy is a big part of these stock indexes so falling energy prices isn't exactly helping their bottom line.

but yes, hopefully the consumer does pick up the slack and spend money they wouldn't otherwise have with gas where it is.

and you are right after years of having interest rates at zero the fact that the market is going to freak out about a 25-50 basis point hike seems like an overreaction.
Ok that makes sense.

As for the naked options, a investor would have to do a margin with the brokerage firm in order to complete it? I thought that for a stock call, you do not need to own the stock that you are placing the option. What you stated earlier does make sense with placing a put on a stock.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Ok that makes sense.

As for the naked options, a investor would have to do a margin with the brokerage firm in order to complete it? I thought that for a stock call, you do not need to own the stock that you are placing the option. What you stated earlier does make sense with placing a put on a stock.

Yeah you do not have to own the underlying stock to trade options. As far as I know you can buy and sell options with just a regular cash account. I don't think you need a margin account unless something changed recently.

they may limit the option strategies you can use though with cash accounts.

aliG

Pro
Daps
I dont understand gas prices man. Oil is at or around mid 40's and we paying darn near 3 dollars and change here in SoCal.

无名的

Superstar
Daps
I dont understand gas prices man. Oil is at or around mid 40's and we paying darn near 3 dollars and change here in SoCal.

I know... I'm in LA. Gas kept going down with oil, but the second it looked like oil bottomed, gas made its way back up and isn't moving down with oil now.

I just got to LA in September. fukk is up with the price disparity in gas around here?

I'll be in Santa Monica and one station is $3.59, while a block down the street, it's $4.09

:scust:

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
I know... I'm in LA. Gas kept going down with oil, but the second it looked like oil bottomed, gas made its way back up and isn't moving down with oil now.

I just got to LA in September. fukk is up with the price disparity in gas around here?

I'll be in Santa Monica and one station is $3.59, while a block down the street, it's $4.09

:scust:

Cali's oil refinement/emissions standards are higher than anywhere else => increased cost. The parity situation is a mindfukk though.

The thing I found most strange in Cali is how everything is labeled a toxic threat to your health. I'm in a parking garage and every 10 ft is a sign saying this was built with X chemical and its known to cause harm to humans. Wtf?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
What platform ya'll use for options? I'm sure its been asked before. I got sick of trying to figure out why Scottrade wasn't working so I'm just gonna open a 2nd acct for options somewhere

无名的

Superstar
Daps
What platform ya'll use for options? I'm sure its been asked before. I got sick of trying to figure out why Scottrade wasn't working so I'm just gonna open a 2nd acct for options somewhere

Ameritrade for me... their thinkorswim platform is nice