Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How much and what was your interest rate?

its more so like a line of credit. So I can borrow against the line at 9.50% it’s 3/4 of my current portfolio that they allow for the available line.

The stock secured loans have a way better rate but most mortgage loans seem to be better. I haven’t looked at the pure loan however. I just like have that credit line available.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
If you didn't out perform indexes last year or if you somehow lost money with the market going to ATHs:

You're not an investor
You''re not a trader.
You're a bag holder
You need to put your money in a index fund and step away
Huh? Investors can lose money…if you’re buy and hold gang.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
A year into this experiment to buy Bitcoin my gains went from being up over 300% to being up just under 60%. As I continue to buy every 2 weeks and the price continues to fall my gains erode. Soon they will be almost nothing or even negative.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
:deadmanny: I’m telling you brother it’s your portfolio make up.
my growth positions are problematic but the market hasn't given them any breathing room to rotate outta some...for example TDOC, shyt will just drop by a huge amount play around with a 8-9 pt gain and then drop another 30 in the next sell off, i have a few positions like this where i'm like fuggg...i don't think they'll ever get back to their ATH's but they need to get to a much better level for me to sell

I'm enrolled at Bagholder U., lookin like i'm on the 6-year graduation track :mjcry:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
my growth positions are problematic but the market hasn't given them any breathing room to rotate outta some...for example TDOC, shyt will just drop by a huge amount play around with a 8-9 pt gain and then drop another 30 in the next sell off, i have a few positions like this where i'm like fuggg...i don't think they'll ever get back to their ATH's but they need to get to a much better level for me to sell

I'm enrolled at Bagholder U., lookin like i'm on the 6-year graduation track :mjcry:

:russ: That’s how I feel about some of my holdings. First chance I get (basically if they turn green) I’m getting rid of All of the stuff I don’t believe in and thought was a good swing opportunity. Oh and I took an L on some of the meme bs.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:russ: That’s how I feel about some of my holdings. First chance I get (basically if they turn green) I’m getting rid of All of the stuff I don’t believe in and thought was a good swing opportunity. Oh and I took an L on some of the meme bs.
Why'd you buy stocks you didn't believe in?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Why'd you buy stocks you didn't believe in?
macro trends change and make you lose confidence, everything wasn't meant to be a long term hold.

companies i plan to hold for 10+ years = high belief

short term holds = playing current market trends which don't always coincide with companies i actually believe in