Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you didn't out perform indexes last year or if you somehow lost money with the market going to ATHs:

You're not an investor
You''re not a trader.
You're a bag holder
You need to put your money in a index fund and step away

This is some real stuff. Find a couple of indexes put your money in and step away. Which is what I’m about to go back to doing when I start working again because simply following charts isn’t feasible for a while.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
This is some real stuff. Find a couple of indexes put your money in and step away. Which is what I’m about to go back to doing when I start working again because simply following charts isn’t feasible for a while.
Nothing wrong with that but also understand we did go through a pandemic and lockdown this country never had before everything that’s happen in the markets from 2020 to now is cuz of that

what I’m saying is nobody could predicted or expected most of these things

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nothing wrong with that but also understand we did go through a pandemic and lockdown this country never had before everything that’s happen in the markets from 2020 to now is cuz of that

what I’m saying is nobody could predicted or expected most of these things

Exactly no matter what DD and news comes out etc it’s just up or down sometimes highe volatility in the same day. We’ve seen it I’ve tried to ride it up and down but yesterday I got my face tore off :russ:

Da_Eggman

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Exactly no matter what DD and news comes out etc it’s just up or down sometimes highe volatility in the same day. We’ve seen it I’ve tried to ride it up and down but yesterday I got my face tore off :russ:
Cathy and her crew doing nothing but DD 24/7

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cathy and her crew doing nothing but DD 24/7

we all talk about this. But I’m almost certain it’s the way the ETF is set up that’s the issue. It really irks me when I see that they sale the companies where they make money just to purchase more shares of the ones they are losing on.

like why cut down positions of TSLA to purchase more PLTR or Xpev (examples). When TSLA is down why don’t you just add to that position like add to the positions that improve or hold value rather than doubling down on the losers.

i get that the losers offer far more growth but if a base of good quality (steadier) companies is there the high conviction beaten down stocks won’t smash the etf as much.

I understand that it’s all allocated to a percentage but instead of lowering the percentage of the winners is it feasible to lower the percentage on the losers? Some of these companies ARK is almost the only fund in some of them that keeps buying them. But when those same companies grow she will have to toss them out and double down on some other beaten down ticker rather than being able to maintain it as it progresses upwards.

someone said it Cathy would be better as a venture capitalist.

Last edited:

Da_Eggman

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
She’s an active etf which makes sense in the growth sector cuz of constant pullbacks

but if we look at bill ackman his portfolio only had Lowe’s, Starbucks, DPZ and like 3 other stocks and he crushed the market by doing nothing

but a few years ago Bill was the biggest loser in the market

point is nobody really knows shyt but time says holding and dealing with the pain and brutal sell offs will end up Turing around eventually

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
She’s an active etf which makes sense in the growth sector cuz of constant pullbacks

but if we look at bill ackman his portfolio only had Lowe’s, Starbucks, DPZ and like 3 other stocks and he crushed the market by doing nothing

but a few years ago Bill was the biggest loser in the market

point is nobody really knows shyt but time says holding and dealing with the pain and brutal sell offs will end up Turing around eventually

If you are in the right holdings. It’s some holdings that just aren’t going to ever do anything. Finding those companies that remain for the long haul is the skill. Especially those that grow.

Reign X

Pro
Daps
If you didn't out perform indexes last year or if you somehow lost money with the market going to ATHs:

You're not an investor
You''re not a trader.
You're a bag holder
You need to put your money in a index fund and step away

Losing to an index for one year doesn't mean any of that. What are you talking about? People are way too focused on short term. If you’re heavily in growth or small caps you probably didn’t do great.

Reign X

Pro
Daps
we all talk about this. But I’m almost certain it’s the way the ETF is set up that’s the issue. It really irks me when I see that they sale the companies where they make money just to purchase more shares of the ones they are losing on.

like why cut down positions of TSLA to purchase more PLTR or Xpev (examples). When TSLA is down why don’t you just add to that position like add to the positions that improve or hold value rather than doubling down on the losers.

i get that the losers offer far more growth but if a base of good quality (steadier) companies is there the high conviction beaten down stocks won’t smash the etf as much.

I understand that it’s all allocated to a percentage but instead of lowering the percentage of the winners is it feasible to lower the percentage on the losers? Some of these companies ARK is almost the only fund in some of them that keeps buying them. But when those same companies grow she will have to toss them out and double down on some other beaten down ticker rather than being able to maintain it as it progresses upwards.

someone said it Cathy would be better as a venture capitalist.

seen her say before that trading in and out of Tesla got them a way higher return. I wouldn’t recommend that for anyone to do though.

overall I do agree she could’ve done better in a different setup. Big inflow of cash after her main plays had gone up big already.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Losing to an index for one year doesn't mean any of that. What are you talking about? People are way too focused on short term. If you’re heavily in growth or small caps you probably didn’t do great.

nope definitely growth was being hammered and will likely be hammered but like they say it allows you to buy on sale and ride it back up. I just hope I’m picking the right companies for growth.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
saying you should invest in an index if you didn't beat the market one year isn't right imo, especially in a year where there was a lot of fed pumping. some stories could take 5+ years to play out but when it does it'll beat the market by hundreds of percent or even thousands.

It’s one of those deals where we look at things in 5-10 years and it’s different companies at the top. We just don’t know until the time comes

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
saying you should invest in an index if you didn't beat the market one year isn't right imo, especially in a year where there was a lot of fed pumping. some stories could take 5+ years to play out but when it does it'll beat the market by hundreds of percent or even thousands.

EXACTLY

Some of these nikkas are google taught/chat room financial experts

:mjlol:

Some of us are playing the loooooooong game...I beat the market in 2021 but I'm primarily focused on semiconductors, space, vegan, robotics and the metaverse

20% of my non-retirement portfolio is indexes

But for me, I invest in sectors with high opportunities for future growth

I've been in the room with Bill Gates breh...I've heard him dive into investments, asked him questions and shook his hand

In 2022, I'm thinking about 2025 and 2030

And I like my chances

:smugfavre:

Last edited: