Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
You also stated about investing in passive ETF's that tend to rock a RoR of 3-5%

I say ARKK (an ETF) is up 300% over the past 5 years.....then you say Tesla is up 2200% but Tesla is a single stock.

Admit you're wrong and keep it moving, if you're over the age of 22 this shouldn't be too hard. Thanks in advance.
:dwillhuh: what am I wrong about?

We’re talking about an actively managed ETF. That why I chose a single stock over 5 years

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dear LCID Stock Fans, Mark Your Calendars for a Catalyst on Jan. 19

As we saw before, LCID stock will likely fall on Jan. 19 as investors pull out. Furthermore, it will likely decline before that in anticipation. That said, it will likely be quick to rebound, just as it was the first time around.

Investors should brace for turbulence as Lucid dips later this month, but they shouldn’t panic. If anything, this may prove to be an opportunity to buy the dip.

I'm ready

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dear LCID Stock Fans, Mark Your Calendars for a Catalyst on Jan. 19

As we saw before, LCID stock will likely fall on Jan. 19 as investors pull out. Furthermore, it will likely decline before that in anticipation. That said, it will likely be quick to rebound, just as it was the first time around.

Investors should brace for turbulence as Lucid dips later this month, but they shouldn’t panic. If anything, this may prove to be an opportunity to buy the dip.

I'm ready
The price action dictates otherwise right now. It's currently trying to trigger at 43.50 so if above that it will continue higher. Personally I got a few calls on it, tight stop of 40. Stay nimble.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The price action dictates otherwise right now. It's currently trying to trigger at 43.50 so if above that it will continue higher. Personally I got a few calls on it, tight stop of 40. Stay nimble.

I'm in the opposite direction but I fully plan on hopping out of my put early next week depending on if it prints or not.

Starski

Superstar
Daps
I’m convinced Cathie would have been better of as a venture capitalist, it’s what she really is doing anyway. Taking a swing at a lot of things in hopes the few succeed really to carry the portfolio.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
LEAPS is when I buy options a year or 2 away from the expiry date right? And options for pennies us cheap right? Still new and learning options

Yes, LEAPS (Long-Term Equity Anticipation Securities) are options that expire a year+ out. They are more expensive than short-term options but provide way more time for your thesis on the direction of the stock to play out. Options for pennies are cheap depending on the stock and the situation around the companies. Generally with options, you want to pick them up on deep red days as the premiums are low. Never try to chase option plays (especially short-term options) based off hype, that’s an easy way to blow up your account.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I’m convinced Cathie would have been better of as a venture capitalist, it’s what she really is doing anyway. Taking a swing at a lot of things in hopes the few succeed really to carry the portfolio.
Think 5 years from now. You don't think COIN, RBLX, TSLA, sq, path will be worth a good amount more than they are now??

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Think 5 years from now. You don't think COIN, RBLX, TSLA, sq, path will be worth a good amount more than they are now??

Definitely and when they do move up she will sale them and bring in some more stuff. She’s hit on a lot but always has to toss them out to keep the balance.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Ark funds will bounce back at some point but it's not wise to just sit and do nothing, you can hold them as a portion of your account but not the whole thing lol

Im with you on this one. I’m definitely going to add to them especially as they go down in price. But it definitely won’t be my main thing honestly not even in the top 10.

Starski

Superstar
Daps

This is my whole point. When you are a VC you get prices that are "potentially" dirt cheap, and typically only buy additional ownership pre-IOP buying investing in A/B/C rounds (Still potentially "cheap").

When someone buys and ETF, the ETF's PM has to go out and use that capital to buy the underlying stocks at whatever % they are in the portfolio. What this means in Cathies case is that all those years of hard work and due diligence from 2016-2019; finding disruptive companies at reasonable prices was "ruined" in 2020 buy the huge inflows of $ forcing her to continue buy those companies at very high levels, levels you may have not want to buy at, which then raises the average cost basis of positions.

She should have been a VC bruh, maybe even a PM at a hedge fund, or at least would have had a better outcome if she had been.

I’m not saying Cathie is going to be wrong or the stock won’t be up in whatever years. But imagine buying one share of a company at $1, it runs up to $10 and now u buy another share at $10, then it goes back at $5.

you were “right”, but you didn’t make any money.

Last edited:

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
E1951204-F750-4410-BB8-A-26673342284-C.jpg