So-Fla
So yesterday afternoon was a pump fake :to:
sadly-yes.gif

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Think I might have found the sweet spot for these options.

buy 1 week out.

- ATM, OTM, ITM?

- You wait for the Day opposite the direction you believe. Example, you waited today for Apple to have red day and buy a call 1 week out?

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
- ATM, OTM, ITM?

- You wait for the Day opposite the direction you believe. Example, you waited today for Apple to have red day and buy a call 1 week out?

Yeah, I usually try to get them out-of-the-money (by $.50 to $1) because it seems those are the best prices . $7 - $15 per contract. Might get 30 of them (maybe 15 to start). Seems like when they hit your way you can get $25-$45 AT LEAST per contract.

The trick is finding options that offer weekly expiration dates. Those offer smaller increment strike prices. ($.50 - $1)

Right now I'm trying to buy between Wednesday and Friday the week before expiration. Stocks that have a trend of a lot of volatility. 2-3 days of gains then a turnaround, a day or 2 of dipping then gains. Might hold it for a day or 3-4 depending on the situation. Might even add some after a day or two if there are better prices.

Last edited:

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Right now I'm trying to buy between Wednesday and Friday the week before expiration. Stocks that have a trend of a lot of volatility. 2-3 days of gains then a turnaround, a day or 2 of dipping then gains. Might hold it for a day or 3-4 depending on the situation. Might even add some after a day or two if there are better prices.

:mjlol:Buying a stock Thursday that expires next week is cutting it close though. Plus that Monday IV crush if the stock doesn't go your way can be a motha.

:mjlol:I'd rather play it both ways. ITM in the OPPOSITE direction of where the stock is going (red/green day) and then a lottery of the current direction.

:mjlol: The key for me is to "trap" the stock into paying me no matter what it does.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
:mjlol:Buying a stock Thursday that expires next week is cutting it close though. Plus that Monday IV crush if the stock doesn't go your way can be a motha.

:mjlol:I'd rather play it both ways. ITM in the OPPOSITE direction of where the stock is going (red/green day) and then a lottery of the current direction.

:mjlol: The key for me is to "trap" the stock into paying me no matter what it does.

I'm there with you. I've been thinking about playing both sides.

This bitcoin related stock I'm testing it on is kind of easy to tell the trend with though. It might go for a few days and pull back the other way. A lot of selling going on. Bitcoin moves slow enough to play with the trends.