Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
FAANG + things like ADBE, CRM, MSFT, semis and the indexes are all up YTD - it's the small cap high growth names getting clapped (these are the positions killing my gains, my LT portfolio is sitting nice except my position in DKNG - but I'm long on it so oh well...my trading/midterm portfolios are like -40% :russ:)
It’s been a nasty year.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
UPST filled that gap at 140 so naturally it's bouncing a little today, very oversold, a great chance for a squeeze if market participates.

Just wait until after FOMC, that's what all the big boys are doing, no sense in chasing anything now

Lilbeast

All Star
Daps
The stock market normally continues to die until after Christmas right? I’m putting money in my buying power but want to hold onto it until the market hits the floor

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Typically there is the Jan effect where stocks does well the first month historically. ^^^

I see a lot of people losing money right now because they aren't assessing risk as well as they should, meaning scaling in and out of stocks as it hits specific price targets, setting tight stops, etc. You have to understand your own risk tolerance and have a solid plan in place, not just relying on something going up or down, learn some technicals, patterns, paying attention to wider market moves, and most importantly, price movement.

On another note, PFE with another great day despite the market, that's called relative strength.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
crying-man.gif

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
remember when buy now pay later was the big thing companies wanted to get in? 53% of customers missed their payments :mjlol:

who would have thought people who couldn't afford to pay for an item would miss payments on it. i know people who hide their cars from the repo man when they are delinquent on payments so of course people will not give a fukk about whatever smaller item they buy with an IOU.