Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
IMO Elon might destroy value by merging Tesla and Space X - they're probably worth more as individual companies. I don't see him doing it.

In the same way that YouTube & Google Cloud, AWS, and Azure are probably being held down by being under Alphabet, Amazon, and MSFT, respectively.

I really think AWS will get spun off of Amazon in the next 18-24 months, but I’m not smart enough to know what effect that will have on the stonks.

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
I Bought Into the Lucid Motors Hype Early. Here's What I'm Excited About -- and What I'm Afraid Of. | The Motley Fool

"EV SPACs are all the rage currently, and they're arguably approaching bubble territory. Churchill Capital's deal with Lucid values the EV start-up at $12 billion, according to Reuters. But SPAC mergers are also done at $10 per share. With shares trading around $50, that would imply a market cap of around $60 billion -- more than Ford -- for a company that has yet to deliver a single car to consumers.

These are all broad estimates based on media reports and investors won't know more until the deal is officially announced and the merger structure is disclosed (if it goes through), but it's fair to say that a SPAC soaring to over $50 before confirming a target is a bit much. Additionally, investors have no insight into Lucid's detailed financials, so things like operating expenses, cash burn rates, or the balance sheet remain a complete mystery. Obviously, that's also a risk for anyone considering investing in Churchill Capital IV before an agreement is finalized.

Considering the price action over the past month, there are irrefutable concerns around Churchill Capital IV's current valuation. That will create gut-wrenching volatility and the potential for enormous downside risks. I wouldn't be remotely surprised if this turned out to be one of those "buy the rumor, sell the news" situations, but I'm in for the long haul, for better or for worse."

Scholar

Superstar
Daps
We may get a short term correction sure. But we have injected massive sums of money into the economy and are still going. We are seeing the full use of Keynesian economics. Do you all believe we are in a political environment where the gov is willing to allow the markets to fail? No. DC will spend whatever it takes.

Also, i believe there is massive pent up demand. Once restrictions are lifted and all cities are back i think we will see massive economic activity. Massive traveling as well. (The GOAT city will be back :banderas:@Serious )

As for funds dropping positions in big names. You have to remember big funds have to remain diversified and as companies grow like Tesla or PACB they have to trim down their positions. That's why sometimes following every move a fund makes doesn't make sense.

4 more Tesla shares purchased

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It just hit me yesterday that on CCIV I made more money in a single day off a $2300 investment than someone that makes $15 an hour makes in a month of work. I haven't even held CCIV over a month. Bought it on the first.

Workers in this country are literally wasting their lives away doing work while people who simply have more money than them have their money generate more income than such workers ever could.

If some regular Joe could have 12 days annually that they do what happened to me yesterday they could quit their $15 an hour job and do nothing else all year.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I really think AWS will get spun off of Amazon in the next 18-24 months, but I’m not smart enough to know what effect that will have on the stonks.
AMZN isn't spinning out AWS, it's their highest margin business, everything else is top line. one company that aint fukking with the structure of their stock is AMZN

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
It just hit me yesterday that on CCIV I made more money in a single day off a $2300 investment than someone that makes $15 an hour makes in a month of work. I haven't even held CCIV over a month. Bought it on the first.

Workers in this country are literally wasting their lives away doing work while people who simply have more money than them have their money generate more income than such workers ever could.

If some regular Joe could have 12 days annually that they do what happened to me yesterday they could quit their $15 an hour job and do nothing else all year.
you're just now understanding capitalism? those with capital have the means to acquire more capital and thus wealth, those who don't have access to capital remain behind.