Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Bone$

Dynasty Continues...
Daps
Permanent loss or just stocks going down?
Options, had a 400c 09.25 Tesla was up so much on last Tuesday, 59k on a paid 14k for, sold at a loss smh, Qualcomm 115c 09.18 was up 20k plus on, now I'm negative, aapl 120c 09/18 was up 33k on, now breaking even, and a nut ass hd contract 290c 10/16... Overall lost 100k in gains, feel like hova, losing 92 bricks had to fall back.. Now gotta hustle it all back... Those gains along with some other trades came all since 08/04... So to make over 100k in a month, gotta have confidence to do it again :hubie::huhldup:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
fukk!!!! It turns out this business kinda does what the business I plan to start does :merchant:
We are almost finished the design and everything. We gotta move fast.

only difference is we plan to do this for not just the healthcare industry but walk-in service businesses in general
You are aware that square has kind of been doing this same thing for various businesses as well right?

The thing of it is, its still a largely untapped market. Like 99% of places I go in the US don't have mobile payment or pos setup.

I mean some of it is up since COVID, but there's still a lot of untapped demand.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
You are aware that square has kind of been doing this same thing for various businesses as well right?

The thing of it is, its still a largely untapped market. Like 99% of places I go in the US don't have mobile payment or pos setup.

I mean some of it is up since COVID, but there's still a lot of untapped demand.
Yea I am aware of Square Appts...i've seen their app online. Just unaware of exactly how Square does it.
And exactly...its still largely untapped. Truth is this is just the first step of my master plan.

We have a few barbers who are willing to work with us once were done developing...they use booksy and said they'd be willing to ditch them for us.
I got a call with a clinic tomorrow as well. Nothing wrong with a bit of competition.

If we can have Uber, Skip the dishes, Postmates, Foodora and Doordash...we can have a few players in this industry too :manny: Just gotta execute breh

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
So is anyone in here concerned? I'm tryna take the room temperature :manny:
I’m overexposed to tech, but I’m also long. Until we’re in recovery, I’d rather gamble and average down on tech than sit stagnant in blue chips. I might open my mind to buying hospitality, entertainment, travel or retail stocks for the low and going long on them for a rebound (or swing trading).

but I’m looking for insight as to what caused this other than “correction”. shyt was so sudden

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I’m overexposed to tech, but I’m also long. Until we’re in recovery, I’d rather gamble and average down on tech than sit stagnant in blue chips. I might open my mind to buying hospitality, entertainment, travel or retail stocks for the low and going long on them for a rebound (or swing trading).

but I’m looking for insight as to what caused this other than “correction”. shyt was so sudden
Im looking for insight as to what caused the original melt up in the first place :francis:

Funny how that shyt works

if you wanna know what caused the dip, the charts might tell you. SPY and NASDAQ are in bullish channels right now. Right now were near the support level, 3600 for the S&P was strong resistance . The RSI was also very oversold with a level of 87. Thats why i got my puts when i did. Whether or not thats the reason it dropped...who really knows

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
So is anyone in here concerned? I'm tryna take the room temperature :manny:

Just a correction IMO. The big names taking hits this week were so grossly overbought that this was inevitable. I think a bounce is in order but they're going to trend downwards for a while. The sector rotations will start coming into play in the next few weeks so something new will take off and tech can go back to steady gains that aren't parabolic. Doomsday scenario is tech continues selling off and drags the market down with it.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Found a good site, see what Whales are buying:
Track Hedge Funds Using 13F Filings

So of course, I look at what ARK's new positions, are that I may have missed:
ARK INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT LLC Top 13F Holdings

So then I see a new stock, I haven't seen before, it's sector is IT, and it's cost basis is $28.82

Then I do a quick google search and see:

Mofo took off after earnings....

ARK stay ahead of the game man.....

Could be a squeeze though :patrice:
93% shared owned by institutions :ohhh:
I been in PHR a min it’s perfect for COVID

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

It's explained here mostly.. basically it's whales like Softbank but there's more to it, it's also retail trading premiums force buying and now there's down pressure to sell off. Institutions saw what retail was doing and started chasing retail which is odd to say the least.. they should be smarter than that.

I don't see an issue being overexposed to tech because this isn't 1999. They are great companies with great balance sheets and will continue to print money for the foreseeable future.

In basic terms what I would say is "everyone got carried away" and now we are starting over again :laugh:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Just a correction IMO. The big names taking hits this week were so grossly overbought that this was inevitable. I think a bounce is in order but they're going to trend downwards for a while. The sector rotations will start coming into play in the next few weeks so something new will take off and tech can go back to steady gains that aren't parabolic. Doomsday scenario is tech continues selling off and drags the market down with it.

I don't believe in the rotations short term. Nobody actually wants to be in airlines and hospitality unless we talking way down the road. I think we see a sector rotation at some point as well but it won't be sustainable until we figure out what to do with covid and bringing more normalcy to the table.

The market can't really survive without tech bringing it up.. so yeah I'm not concerned at all right now.

What would concern me is if everyone panics and leads to a mini-March scenario but even then I got plenty on the sidelines to put into the market if we reach oversold territory.