Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Yup same shyt with Apple but to a wayyyy lesser extent. At least they have the financials to back up their valuation for the most part. People gonna be in for a rude awakening after the Sept 10 Apple Event. Apple's historically sold off on the event and IMO i think its also overextended right now and due for a decent pullback.
all these rude awakenings are coming for whom? sure the 10-20% of people who think they're in stocks that will 4x by EOY, but most people buying are in for the long term. apple will be fine, tsla as well

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
Posted that a while back. I agree. i think S&P and Battery can still do something for the stock but def in euphoria rn

Secure in my average and have cash to average down massively if need be

I'm not saying I'm right or that it 100% will happen, but just reading back through this thread its pretty easy to see all the stages leading up to euphoria and possibly complacency but that one only time will tell.

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Yup same shyt with Apple but to a wayyyy lesser extent. At least they have the financials to back up their valuation for the most part. People gonna be in for a rude awakening after the Sept 10 Apple Event. Apple's historically sold off on the event and IMO i think its also overextended right now and due for a decent pullback.

So short APPL after sept 10...

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
all these rude awakenings are coming for whom? sure the 10-20% of people who think they're in stocks that will 4x by EOY, but most people buying are in for the long term. apple will be fine, tsla as well

Yeah I agree long term. Short term I'm just talking anyone that bought in the last month or two. All those that bought after the crash are more than fine to weather this for the short term.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I always refer to this chart when trying to figure out hype stocks.

The-Wall-Street-Cheat-Sheet.png
@K-Deini I'm worried about you breh, that anxiety stage might be too much for you

Scholar

Superstar
Daps
If your average is above i'd say 1300 or 1400

Shyt might look funny if a cliff comes

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
@K-Deini I'm worried about you breh, that anxiety stage might be too much for you
You know what it was breh, I averaged up yesterday and messed up my average of 284. I shouldnt have but fomo kicked in. Im still in apple and lca long term and if tsla dips I will most certainly be back.

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
@Serious but no lie breh. Southwest did a number on me in terms of risk management. Especially since im new to this. That shyt has given me ptsd and I'm trying to shake it but it's always lingering

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
started a position in intel:yeshrug: was tracking the sell off when it went to $48...i still prefer AMD but i cant run from quarterly dividends :wow:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
)
This is what bothers me. Retail dive in with the expectation of getting a 500% return in a year (heard someone say this outloud

There's the old quote supposedly from Joe Kennedy that says that when your shoeshine boy is telling you to buy stocks, its time to get out of the market. I think that that is an arrogant exaggeration, but I would modify it to say that when there is excessive hype you should be aware that what you are doing is speculation. I'm not opposed to gambling, but you need to be aware that you ARE gambling.

I always refer to this chart when trying to figure out hype stocks.

The-Wall-Street-Cheat-Sheet.png

Under the "Anger" section, I would add:
-This market is RIGGED!!
-Its all a scam!
-The "elites" stole all my money!
-Ban shorts and puts!

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Quick little plays I'm doing. I'm selling puts that are out of the money for a quick $100 or so a week on each "blue chip" stock. Seems like easy money so far :manny: . I may up it to facebook or something and make a $400 a week or so. If i get assigned :manny: start the wheel of covered calls :mjlol:

I then take that $100 and buy some ARK ETFs

I'm not comfortable with just buying calls or buying puts yet. WORK is my first buying out right of a call @FreshFromATL