Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
its the new fantasy football for white college bros. They love betting on sports.
New? Sports Betting was there first, by far.

Knowledge for bruhs that play options. Never be the last person holding the bag. Meaning: If you playing a 6 month call option, you need to be out in 3 1/2 months. If you playing a 2 year call option, you need to be out in 1 1/2 year. For a 3 week option, a week in a half. Time decay will kill your profit chance and basically you will take an L.

I just came up with a new slogan:
ABR

Always
Be
Rolling

That is, if you have a call that is deep in the money that is getting close to expiration, roll it to an "At the Money" option further out in the future. It will be cheaper than what you are selling, so you'll be able to afford more contracts.

If the market is moving in a generally upward direction, the amount of contracts you have will snowball.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
New? Sports Betting was there first, by far.

I just came up with a new slogan:
ABR

Always
Be
Rolling

That is, if you have a call that is deep in the money that is getting close to expiration, roll it to an "At the Money" option further out in the future. It will be cheaper than what you are selling, so you'll be able to afford more contracts.

If the market is moving in a generally upward direction, the amount of contracts you have will snowball.
How/when do you actually take profits?

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
:yeshrug:

I placed a premarket order for APPL that closed right away and a market order for TSLA that took 4-5 mins to close due to the buy volume. All my other accounts updated just fine...this is using the mobile app
Same for me. I had to make a market order for Tesla... My pre-market order didn't work like it did for Apple.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
How/when do you actually take profits?

If you go from deep in the money to just barely in the money, after you roll you'll still have money left over (because the new calls you're buying will be cheaper).

So, if have good timing you'll end up with more calls (still in the money) AND money left over.