Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
Wuts tha point of doing that?

All it is, is the opposite of buying common stock. When you buy stock, you are betting the price will go up. When you short(borrow) stock, you are betting the price will go down. Basically it covers the ups and the downs in PPS.

For example, Paulson I believe shorted the entire market before the crash in 2008. He bet that the market would tank and prices for stocks would go down in value. He made billions when it finally crashed. He borrowed shares beforehand, and repayed the shares at a much cheaper price when the crash happened thus pocketing the profit difference.

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
All it is, is the opposite of buying common stock. When you buy stock, you are betting the price will go up. When you short(borrow) stock, you are betting the price will go down. Basically it covers the ups and the downs in PPS.

For example, Paulson I believe shorted the entire market before the crash in 2008. He bet that the market would tank and prices for stocks would go down in value. He made billions when it finally crashed. He borrowed shares beforehand, and repayed the shares at a much cheaper price when the crash happened thus pocketing the profit difference.
So when Wolf says he's not shorting, he means he's not pumping tha stock up to tha people, and then betting against them?

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street
Short selling falls into the realm of behavioral finance. Master going long before learning to short.

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah.....but he's probably lying. Pump and dumpers profit on the ride to the peak and the big crash after it
That's crazy, so short selling and pumping, you profit both ways, tha profit never stops! As long as you know which way tha markets going :dwillhuh:

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
@Shugg Ross

wuts your portfolio lookin like?

and are you going to dump all your money into FRTD?
Already did:shaq:
I'll sell when I feel the next unicorn is coming, feel bad for the fools that bought mine at the 99 rsi :russ: they shoulda flipped that shyt , but frtd should def hit 15 cents very soon:ehh:

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
Already did:shaq:
I'll sell when I feel the next unicorn is coming, feel bad for the fools that bought mine at the 99 rsi :russ: they shoulda flipped that shyt , but frtd should def hit 15 cents very soon:ehh:
nikkaz bout to feast on Monday :eat:

this stock shyt got me looking forward to tha weekday fukk tha weekend :blessed:

Mine @ .03 right now it's a good buy

Will you seek FRTD if it hits 15 cents? Or are going for tha big bucks no wammy :whew:

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
nikkaz bout to feast on Monday :eat:

this stock shyt got me looking forward to tha weekday fukk tha weekend :blessed:

Mine @ .03 right now it's a good buy

Will you seek FRTD if it hits 15 cents? Or are going for tha big bucks no wammy :whew:
:what:

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea like this guy right here
10153342_10201129204026377_1958047840_n.jpg

Some dumbass nikka bought FRTD for 1 buck, 350,000 shares, stock closed at .0623

In other words, their $350,000 is worth $21,805 :snoop:

In other other words, this fool lost $328,195 in less than 10 seconds :mindblown:

In other other words, someone saw this idiots buy order and gained that :lolbron:

Like i said @Xtraz2 , you gone get yo shyt took out here if you fukk around with them fukk arounds....but if you want my advice put your dough into FRTD, and learn everything you can in the game while your shyt goes up 900%

I don't believe that actually happened. It could have, but usually the brokerage will put limit prices at the market price and not atually fill it at stupid fills like that. Then again who knows with some of this discount brokers.