Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I aint saying shyt, but it should make you question some of the hot takes you see on reddit in general.

Those comment sections a lot of times don't know more than us here.

at all...I learned that during my foray in crypto

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
What the fukk did they buy whatever CNBC told them to?
Idk but this Rachel Solmon chick is getting finer & finer to me:

Rahel-Solomon-CNBC.png

lq2kx9e0fkm21-1024x1024.jpg

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
is it the r/m1finance one or another one? cuz i follow that one but don't really go too deep into it. at most I might see a thread pop up when browsing my feed but thats pretty much it.
Yeah, but I see why certain people don't make as much money. There's a lot of risk management or what I like to I call it doing too much.

I really like and believe chicken's style of investing, which is having 2-4 stocks that you go hard in.

Peep this profile, I came across on reddit: https://preview.redd.it/knolpqswjth...bp&s=6a372e1c478b78c70763f0321a3536392f2c1bf7

His stock selection isn't bad, per se. But when you do so much, your returns won't be as much, because you're too diversified.

That's why I keep looking at my stocks. And try to figure out what i don't need and can live without.

Finding the right profitable growth stock to invest in long term, is like finding a wife.

Sure there's tons of side pieces and women that you can have a good time with, but none of those pieces will really be what makes your life take off. Being selective means you have to turn down some other good chances at potentially making decent quick money, in favor of some GREAT money(wealth)....

Right now Tesla is by far my main chick, with square coming in second. JD has shown that it has the potential eventually move up to the big leagues because the cost basis is so low. And its upside is :wow:

I got FB waiting the wings, but I'm ready to load up on FB, after the TESLA / APPL stock split.

Point is, I'm trying get to point where I can drawn all the other noise I hear in the stock market and solely focus on just a couple stocks. It's just hard as heck, but I advise others to do the same.

But anyone who did their DD invested heavily in Tesla, while not succumbing to other distractions (stocks) is sleeping good right now.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
Yeah, but I see why certain people don't make as much money. There's a lot of risk management or what I like to I call it doing too much.

I really like and believe chicken's style of investing, which is having 2-4 stocks that you go hard in.

Peep this profile, I came across on reddit: https://preview.redd.it/knolpqswjth...bp&s=6a372e1c478b78c70763f0321a3536392f2c1bf7

His stock selection isn't bad, per se. But when you do so much, your returns won't be as much, because you're too diversified.

That's why I keep looking at my stocks. And try to figure out what i don't need and can live without.

Finding the right profitable growth stock to invest in long term, is like finding a wife.

Sure there's tons of side pieces and women that you can have a good time with, but none of those pieces will really be what makes your life take off. Being selective means you have to turn down some other good chances at potentially making decent quick money, in favor of some GREAT money(wealth)....

Right now Tesla is by far my main chick, with square coming in second. JD has shown that it has the potential eventually move up to the big leagues because the cost basis is so low. And its upside is :wow:

I got FB waiting the wings, but I'm ready to load up on FB, after the TESLA / APPL stock split.

Point is, I'm trying get to point where I can drawn all the other noise I hear in the stock market and solely focus on just a couple stocks. It's just hard as heck, but I advise others to do the same.

But anyone who did their DD invested heavily in Tesla, while not succumbing to other distractions (stocks) is sleeping good right now.

Couldn't agree with you more. I'm holding FB, AAPL, SQ, and TSLA with ARKK for diversification and steady growth. I look online and there's so many distractions and "hot stocks" and it makes me wonder if I'm crazy for feeling like they're just not worth my time. But the wife analogy is spot on. My portfolio is up 17% since I started it in late July and that's with me starting off with some trash stocks lol. Luckily I found this thread and quickly smartened up, while adjusting my strategy in the process. Got everything rolling now. I'm actually only a few hundred away from crossing the 40k mark.

I will say I'm considering just one more stock to add just as a "let's see what happens" I'm looking at SPCE, PLNHF, or LMND. Not really pressed to get in on any of them right this second but they're all on my watch list.

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
Bought 7 last week and had some before that. Not enough to retire on like some others have.
isnt tesla projected to be 10,000 per share by 2030? after stock split you'll have 35 plus. if you have shares in disney, apple, wendy, amd, cloudflare then you'll definitely able to retire in 10 years.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
What's the minimum amount shares you should have in a stock? some say 20 or 30, or 40. What do you y'all think?

For me, I look to get at least 20. I think it depends on your portfolio though. What your holdings are overall. If we’re talking about something like a LMND or SPCE, I’d seek to acquire more.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
What's the minimum amount shares you should have in a stock? some say 20 or 30, or 40. What do you y'all think?
Hard to say. I'm fine with like 2 of Tesla, or 1 of Amazon. Anything under 200 you believe in you should have more than 5. I managed to get 11 Apple from 8/4 to now.

Also depends what you're playing with. On June 30th I had 5600 in a stagnant rollover, and $150 in shyt stocks in my etrade.

about 8800$ in that IRA, $1500 in my other etrade, and approaching 3k in my m1. My highest holdings are probably Arkk at around 12-15, APPL with like 11 SQ with 7 then 5 ARKW 2 Tsla and 2 Nvidia