Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gotta keep a realistic perspective though. There’s more people who lost money on pennies than people who’s making bank with OPTI. We’re not going to see or hear about those stories.

true enough

from my experience I can handle missing the bag a whole lot better than being stuck with it

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
u sure u wanna go into intel when AMD running the market
I'm a value investor. AMD is overvalued and Intel is undervalued. Intel dropped hard off an overreaction it has more upside than AMD at this point.

I had AMD when it was in the $20s last year but I figured I'd never build the position out so I sold it in the $30s. I mean it was only 20 shares but now that's $1200 in profits I lost because I sold out instead of just holding.

Just goes to show you don't sell anything for at least a year if it's a decent company unless you're a trader.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
reading all these opti stories on reddit makes me fukkin sick :dead: its easy to say in hindsight, but i gotta start fukking with some of these pennies
With pennies all your gains can be wiped with one bad stock, thats why I fell back. I was making money, but I realized long term its easy to get careless and lose a shyt ton of money being overconfident that something will move.

Blue chips are much safer :ehh:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
With pennies all your gains can be wiped with one bad stock, thats why I fell back. I was making money, but I realized long term its easy to get careless and lose a shyt ton of money being overconfident that something will move.

Blue chips are much safer :ehh:

Once I discovered options, I never wanted to look at any "unknown"/ penny stock company again.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Intel has a PE ratio of almost 9. AMD has a PE ratio of 167. AMD's PE ratio higher than Amazon's 122 and than Netflix's 84. Unless you're looking to gamble on irrational market behavior AMD is gonna have to have some insane growth to justify that.
Thanks for the heads up. 48 is an awesome price for intel.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I mean you can argue that Intel is undervalued but the reason is because their management team is failing to meet its 7-nanometer chip deployment deadline and has conceded it may have to outsource that work.

Other competitors are already in the market with the same product so they're going to lose market share until late 2022 / early 2023 when the release is now expected

You basically have to make a bet that management will execute going forward.

Last edited:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean you can argue that Intel is undervalued but the reason is because their management team is failing to meet its 7-nanometer chip deployment deadline and has conceded it may have to outsource that work.

Other competitors are already in the market with the same product so they're going to lose market share until late 2022 / early 2023 when the release is now expected

You basically have to make a bet that management will execute going forward.
i was reading an analysis that the knee-jerk reaction is that it's undervalued because of the quick dip, but that they REALLY fukked up :dead: and in the year or two it takes them to catch up, they could get eclipsed

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
i was reading an analysis that the knee-jerk reaction is that it's undervalued because of the quick dip, but that they REALLY fukked up :dead: and in the year or two it takes them to catch up, they could get eclipsed
Intel's net income in Q2 2020 was $5.1 billion with $19 billion in revenue. AMD's revenue was almost $2 billion and the net income was $157 million. Intel could fall off a cliff and still do way better than AMD. What's the rational? That AMD will take all of Intel's business and Intel will go bankrupt? AMD's entire revenue for the quarter was less than half of just Intel's profits and Intel does like 10x in revenue over AMD.

AMD Reports Second Quarter 2020 Financial Results | Advanced Micro Devices
Intel Corporation - Intel Reports Second Quarter 2020 Financial Results

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
Intel's net income in Q2 2020 was $5.1 billion with $19 billion in revenue. AMD's revenue was almost $2 billion and the net income was $157 million. Intel could fall off a cliff and still do way better than AMD. What's the rational? That AMD will take all of Intel's business and Intel will go bankrupt? AMD's entire revenue for the quarter was less than half of just Intel's profits and Intel does like 10x in revenue over AMD.

AMD Reports Second Quarter 2020 Financial Results | Advanced Micro Devices
Intel Corporation - Intel Reports Second Quarter 2020 Financial Results

INTC is nice for those who made it. but im not interested in slow growth stocks tho. ill take my chances on fast growing growth stocks. ill pass on AMD too. way too expensive. ill swing it when it dips tho

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
INTC is nice for those who made it. but im not interested in slow growth stocks tho. ill take my chances on fast growing growth stocks. ill pass on AMD too. way too expensive. ill swing it when it dips tho
It sells at a bit over half it's fair market value and pays a 2.7% dividend. It's never gonna be in my top 10 stocks but I'll still take it.

For now Uber will remain my risky stock. My portfolio is mostly build of Dow 30 stocks that pay dividends.