Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Reign X

Pro
Daps
Square is my biggest holding but I regret not buying more when it dipped to 113. I’m only about half in this market overall, because I don’t fully trust it.

Missed out on lvgo. But you can’t or don’t need to get them all.

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
whats the biggest benefit of maxing out your IRA? for some reason i still dont understand the hype behind roth ira as opposed to the triple tax saving reward of having a HSA or getting employer contributions in a 401k
HSA
Like a 401(k) or IRA, an HSA allows you to grow your funds through investment. So why do some experts encourage you to max out your HSA contributions first before turning to a 401(k) or IRA? One reason is that you can make withdrawals from your account at any time without facing tax penalties, as long as you’re using your HSA funds on qualified medical expenses. And once you’ve reached age 65, you can spend HSA funds on anything without facing a tax penalty.

401(k)
A 401(k) is a retirement plan sponsored by your employer. It carries the same investment potential as an HSA and IRA. However, a 401(k) stands out because of its 2020 contribution limit of $19,500 (or $25,500 if you’re 50 or older). Those limits are much higher than what you’re allowed to contribute to an HSA or an IRA.

Your employer may contribute or match funds to your HSA or 401(k). Find out if they do and make sure to take advantage if so!

IRA
An IRA is a tax-advantaged account through a financial institution that allows you to save and/or invest funds. There are a few different types of IRAs, but the two most common are:

• Traditional IRA: Your contributions are tax-deductible if you qualify, but your withdrawals will be taxed.
  • Roth IRA: Your contributions are taxed, but withdrawals are tax-deductible if they qualify.
Withdrawals made from a 401(k) or IRA prior to age 59½ are subject to a 10 percent early withdrawal penalty unless you qualify for an exception.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I was a SQ long breh. :stopitslime:

i started investing in them at $40s. wasnt a big position, so i ate profit at mid $80s in Feb. not a bad move cuz it crashed back to $40s month later. i was like damn im good at this :russ:

and i kept swinging this stock since then. i do have SQ in 2 of my M1. but it aint 40k like i used to have. :wow:

YOU SOLD SQUARE INC CL A (SQ) (Cash)
Symbol SQ
Description SQUARE INC CL A
Shares -327.000
Price 122.50
Amount $40,056.61
Fees $0.89
Settlement Date 07/22/2020

:mjcry:
They’ll be other stocks but sq, I wouldn’t swing. It’s more Tesla growth than a typical value stock. I peeped game at how easily square went from 60 to 100, real quick. I legit blinked and it was at 100. Hindsight I should have invested more at the time, but I already had my eye on square when it was like $45.