Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm eating good but NLST & PHUN did me dirty today. How you down 7% when the general market is up 1%?
:shaq2:

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
sold out on draft kings and inseego (didnt like my entry point) gonna re-enter draft kings at low 30s and inseego at high 10s

Kokoro

Passion
Supporter
Daps
in m1? if not, younguns like yourself really should open up m1 first.:manny:

you have 40+ years of serious compounding interest in you cuz you young as hell. pour every dime on M1 account and you will become a millionaire by the time you hit 40 just investing alone, and 15+ millionaire by 60. just pick stocks nikkas are buyin here.

but your priority should be borrow student loans less and then payoff them bytches first, and do whatever it takes to live frugally so you can invest $ on a good stock. :mjgrin:

azn is a decent bet, but if i was in my 20s i would risk more. :yeshrug:
I’m using tdameritrade

What’s the advantages/disadvantages of M1?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I’m using tdameritrade

M1 advantage is fractional shares, you build a pie with the stocks you want and allocate a percentage to each stock or ETF. If you spend $500 and have Facebook as 20% then 20% of the 500 goes into Facebook etc.. on down the line..

Disadvantage is it's meant for investing (not really a disadvantage) and not day trading or swing trading etc..

I have both accounts

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I’m using tdameritrade

Gotta have patience with M1, but it can pay off and save you a lot of hardache.

If you're trying get serious, here's a couple channels I wish I followed when I first started:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK-zlnUfoDHzUwXcbddtnkg

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0OnreqP55xLpA6W5nzxb5Q/featured

I'd watch every / listen to everything on the ark invest channel. It'll put you miles away ahead of most people in terms of thinking about the stock market. Regarding the other channel, I'd recommend you watch everything on the chicken genius channel, that isn't Tesla specific. His coverage of Tesla maybe excessive for someone new.

I legit, watch and then rewatch these videos, at times taking notes help make better informed decisions.

Kokoro

Passion
Supporter
Daps
M1 advantage is fractional shares, you build a pie with the stocks you want and allocate a percentage to each stock or ETF. If you spend $500 and have Facebook as 20% then 20% of the 500 goes into Facebook etc.. on down the line..

Disadvantage is it's meant for investing (not really a disadvantage) and not day trading or swing trading etc..

I have both accounts
Damn that does make a lot of sense especially the fractional shareholding aspect for the big time stocks to give you a chance to compete with big money :ohhh:then instead of eating out I can put away twenty dollars a week into the “pie” and let it grow and hopefully retire early like FabTrey was saying

Thanks for y’all replies :salute:giving me a good perspective and idea on the next steps to take. I’ll save up some money and stick around y’all seem like y’all know what’s up

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Bout that time to throw another 250 in m1. Waiting on a dip since I have the two trading windows