Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
I recently bought 24 shares between 980-1000

:sadcam::sadcam::sadcam::sadcam:

That $700 opportunity might actually

:sadcam:

Part of me wants to sell and buy at the bottom but that takes a lot of luck (for me at least because I don't know how to predict that ish)

just dollar cost average breh. go long with TSLA. there's so many shyt going on with TSLA man. Model Y's gonna dominate the sales soon, semi is coming, more giga factory, and battery is getting improved. there will be hiccups, but i ain't even gonna sweat. i'll hold and buy when it dips. hell i wish it dips below $500, so i can sell everything but NVDA and CRUS to go all in.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I recently bought 24 shares between 980-1000

:sadcam::sadcam::sadcam::sadcam:

That $700 opportunity might actually

:sadcam:

Part of me wants to sell and buy at the bottom but that takes a lot of luck (for me at least because I don't know how to predict that ish)
Sell at a loss at that price. Shyt is almost a de facto blue chip. It’s popped before you even get a chance to get back in:russ:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I'm still holding an IDEX bag. Any hope for this still in the future?
I got 115 of them at way higher price than its currently at. Hopefully we get some bounce back soon. I just found this article:

newsfilter.io

Who knows what they may be presenting then but thats next Tuesday so if you can hold until then and see, won't hurt.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
i bought more INO with my fidelity earlier today :troll:

INOVIO PHARMACEUTICALS INC COM NEW

$23.965
$2.395

+$333.21
+4.19%

+$333.21
+4.19%

$8,291.89

$23.00/Share
$7,958.68

i swore i wouldnt buy short term stocks with my fidelity, but i just couldn't help myself :wow:

BushidoBrown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
If I could do 21 all over again :wow:

I'd work 3-4 jobs, live at home, drive a crappy car, fukk traveling, fukk clothes, fukk clubbing, fukk @Serious relationships, invest 90% of my income,then I'd set as fukk by the time i reach 30......

It's cool though I should be straight, on my grind by the time i reach 31.
imagine investing in straight up AAPL, NFLX, MSFT, FB steadily starting from around 2006/2008 to today :heh:

would be :eat:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
TLSS looks to be my biggest loser today on Fidelity and thats only at minus $15. IDEX hurting me on TDA but thats expected. :francis: Should be hopeful on it. My accounts showing some pending activity on it. Likely trades from the past day or two that haven't settled but doubt its not already counted towards my balances. Hopefully everything settles by tomorrow and the dips keep happening so I can load up more or see whats good for next week.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
i hope everyone is buying this dip, because the orange clown is gonna do everything he can to pump this up heading into july 4th weekend. it's his last hope :mjlol:
i don't think we can afford another crash like March, and with all these new corona cases who knows what may happen. if we do crash I don't think the bounce back will be as quick as it was before. might not be back to precovid levels until 2021.:francis:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
what's the best s&p index? cramer was goin on about buying the index a couple days before the 4th of july, if this dip keeps going, i may run this flip and see if it works
I never got into dividends and expense ratios, but AFAIK, SPY is the most popular index & VOO is the Vanguard equivalent that might have lower expense ratios?

As for Cramer, Jon Stewart did an expose on him years ago. The joke that stuck with me to this day is something the effect of
Jim Cramer can help make your net worth $1,000,000...

... but only if you started with two million dollars

It was a pretty brutal takedown/look at his performance record. AFAIK, it has been scrubbed from the internet because I haven't been able to find any clips of it for a while.

In October last year, someone did an analysis and Cramer underperformed the regular stock index. It isn't a strike against him necessarily, since most active managers underperform the index, but something to take into account re: his picks.

Jim Cramer vs. S&P 500: Chasing 'Mad Money'

Buying an index to diversify is almost always a good idea, so I won't argue there. In general though, I definitely recommend you find someone that is more reputable to listen to than Jim Cramer. Even someone established on Twitter/YouTube with a proven track-record (that is NOT hawking a stock picking service) is likely better than Cramer imo.