Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
for noobs i recommend m1 over fidelity. i have both, and both have pros and cons. but fidelity is too old school.
I've already signed up with Fidelity :francis:

I haven't added any funds yet. Is M1 that much better for a noob?

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
I've already signed up with Fidelity :francis:

I haven't added any funds yet. Is M1 that much better for a noob?

why not have both? you can always have more than 1 account breh. just start M1 at all cost. don't matter if you can only invest $50 a month. just open it up.
treat your fidelity as your main goto stock account. and treat your m1 as your high % savings account.

here is what i wrote few weeks back.
https://www.thecoli.com/posts/37732889/

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
why not have both? you can always have more than 1 account breh. just start M1 at all cost. don't matter if you can only invest $50 a month. just open it up.
treat your fidelity as your main goto stock account. and treat your m1 as your high % savings account.

here is what i wrote few weeks back.
https://www.thecoli.com/posts/37732889/
I'm new bruh. I didn't know you could have more than one account :skip:

What do you mean by "all cost"?

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
what exactly is your goal? what are you trying to do?

fidelity is one of the best brokerages in the world, it probably fits your needs :dead:

i mean are you trying to flip penny stocks like these dudes, or just invest every month?
Penny stocks for now but I eventually want to invest long term.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Coli stock market gang is going to be voting Republican in 2024 :pachaha:

giphy.gif

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
I'm new bruh. I didn't know you could have more than one account :skip:

What do you mean by "all cost"?

how old are you breh? if you are in 20's then M1 or any kind of auto-investment is the only way to go. fuk penny trading. that shyt ain't gonna work long term.

unless you become an expert trader, don't do pennies. you trade pennies when you can afford to lose money. you trade pennies when you aren't desperate. i trade pennies because i can afford to. and it's less than 10% of my portfolio, so i lose some money then i'll be fine.

but since you are just starting out, so penny don't make no damn sense. cuz your focus should be making money, not losing money.

if you auto invest $1000 monthly for next 25 years at 15% it's 3 mil. that's a very realistic for many investors.

can't invest $1000? that's fine. just invest $500 for next 30 years. it's same 3 mil. if you don't have $500 invest then get a new job or find a new career.

so if you don't become a 3 millionaire in 25 years then it ain't nobody's fault but you. it's all on you.

so dont listen to anybody. just open up m1 and build your own ETF.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
fidelity is one of the GOATs for long term, so def use it for that. FXAIX and FSPGX are all you need

maybe do the other one for pennys

I got those two funds so I feel better knowing you recommend them. :blessed: but yeah I got the mutual funds account for long term and a few pennies and the other account for just pennies. but i'm bout to setup my M1 soon and let that cook for some time.

idex is the one brehs. oh shyt! :wow::wow:

I just got in today and shyt starting to get me back to where I was before last weeks fukkery. :wow:

Definitely been making my day easier. Overall its carrying two of my accounts and my entire portfolio on Fidelity today. Everything else isn't doing much. Only one giving me problems is INUV but only down $18 today so nothing compared to IDEX gains. Hopefully it reaches $3 by end of week and doesn't dip too much.