Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
so how does this M1 finance work:jbhmm:

you build your portfolio of stocks/bonds/etfs and then can automatically invest money that is evenly dispersed between the shares?

i wonder if this is possible on fidelity- i would hate to open another brokerage account :martin:

I'm saying. I guess it's different than a regular index or mutual fund cuz you pick your own stocks. Looks interesting. Might throw $500 or 1k into this in a few weeks after fourth of July maybe and see what it's all about.

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I'm saying. I guess it's different than a regular index or mutual fund cuz you pick your own stocks. Looks interesting. Might throw $500 or 1k into this in a few weeks after fourth of July maybe and see what it's all about.
yeah thats what im thinking as well, ally is dropping interest rates daily, might as well get more than 1.15% for my money

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
People who got into uonek an hour ago are eating that shyt went from 2.50 to 3.48 in ah :dwillhuh:
i FOMO'ed a toe in for 200 @ 2.49 :mjlit:

gonna have to wake up dumb early out here to see if this was a pump fake and if i should sell pre-market

yeah thats what im thinking as well, ally is dropping interest rates daily, might as well get more than 1.15% for my money
that's what made me move to M1. i have a vacation savings account with 13k in it in ally, i clearly aint dropping no where ner that on vacations this year and never need it all at once anyway, so it seemed like the best place to park it and get a better ROI

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla

Yeah it’s basically a way to make your own ETF

like being your personal hedge fund manager

but it’s for investing not trading you only get one window a day to invest 10am-12 it’s strictly for investing

With M1, you can automatically invest in what you want for free. Try it today and get $10 to invest! M1 Finance - Free Automated Investing #BeInvested

I did it strictly based on I wanted Tesla exposure without having to buy full shares

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA

yeah i had like 20k in there and now only got like maybe 5 or 600. started pulling out when I lost my job to throw it into crypto and stocks cuz the little bit of money they were giving me monthly wasn't cutting it and even worse when the rates started dropping. it was lovely when the rates were like 2.25 or something like that. could make more money investing and letting it grow instead of saving. i appreciate what they did for me thru the years and if rates go up and I get more consistent decent income I might start throwing money in there again on a weekly basis but for now I'm good on that.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Yeah it’s basically a way to make your own ETF

like being your personal hedge fund manager

but it’s for investing not trading you only get one window a day to invest 10am-12 it’s strictly for investing

With M1, you can automatically invest in what you want for free. Try it today and get $10 to invest! M1 Finance - Free Automated Investing #BeInvested

I did it strictly based on I wanted Tesla exposure without having to buy full shares
is it all stocks or just major large company ones? US stocks only?

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is selling premarkets the same as buying premarket? I know whenever I try to buy premarket I got to wait til someone fills the order at the price limit I set it at, is it the same for selling?