Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

funkee

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
:francis: Not going lie I'm jealous.

If I had 25k available to day trade right now, I'd be killing it. A lot of us here would.

Also there's another physician in here that's currently :eat:

yea, i started way too late after everything had already started to recover well. any recommendations for tomorrow? i still think ERI is undervalued, so I may put in there along w/ carrnival, norwegian, royal carribean. i made a few grand off airlines and pulled most of that out today.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
yea, i started way too late after everything had already started to recover well. any recommendations for tomorrow? i still think ERI is undervalued, so I may put in there along w/ carrnival, norwegian, royal carribean. i made a few grand off airlines and pulled most of that out today.
Right off the bat, since you have a steady and high income you dont need to be as aggressive as most of us.

Until you get the flow of things I'd suggest some ETFs.

SPY = S & P index
ARKK(I'd go heavy with this if I could)
JETS(AIRLINE ETF)

These stocks won't always shoot up like crazy but your money will be safe.

I'd also suggest just reading through this thread from a couple months back to get an idea of the direction of the market.

If you do want to be bullish you can't go wrong with growth stocks like

FB, Tesla, Amazon, Google.

ERI is good.

And no comment on cruise line stocks. That's for you to decide through your own research.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Looks like I'm out the game until at least Tuesday, having to wait for this damn GNUS trade to settle. :francis:

If it drops low enough, might get back in but not sure what price point would be worth it. Hopefully something else on my portfolio makes a run these next few days. Wish I would've gotten into XSPA, looks like you guys are eating well off that.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
How exactly is this country in complete chaos. Economy still closed. Uet the dow is at 26k? I really want to know how much the government jas put into the markets. Cuz none of this makes sense.

funkee

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
Right off the bat, since you have a steady and high income you dont need to be as aggressive as most of us.

Until you get the flow of things I'd suggest some ETFs.

SPY = S & P index
ARKK(I'd go heavy with this if I could)
JETS(AIRLINE ETF)

These stocks won't always shoot up like crazy but your money will be safe.

I'd also suggest just reading through this thread from a couple months back to get an idea of the direction of the market.

If you do want to be bullish you can't go wrong with growth stocks like

FB, Tesla, Amazon, Google.

thanks, but i think i was incomplete in my explanation. i have retirement accounts that are managed by my hospital's retirement plan. I then have my own rollover IRA and a 2nd investment account, both of which I have managed the last couple years. I already have monies in VTI, VTSAX, VOO, and FCNTX. I should probaby put more in those, but I have looked at SPY, TQQQ, and ishares as well. I was interested in ARKK that someone mentioned earlier, but can look into JETS as well. i've lost a fair amount on AMRN and CRMD and a small amount on ACB, but leaving that money in those to just ride out and see what happens. AMD has been my best performer. the 27k is extra income that I added over the last couple weeks to start trading. I had already started buying small amounts of F a month+ ago, but i just need to make more ballsy moves to flip this 27k into at least 100-150k. that's what i'm looking for.

funkee

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
How exactly is this country in complete chaos. Economy still closed. Uet the dow is at 26k? I really want to know how much the government jas put into the markets. Cuz none of this makes sense.

agreed. and if people don't get anymore stimulus checks and/or we have a 2nd covid wave (which is highly possible given all these protests/riots), then i don't see how this is sustainable

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
airlines announced they are back at 55% level this month. If we don't see panic set in they gonna be gearing up to 70%, 80% by the end of the summer..

People wanna get the fukk outta town and vacation. It is what it is.. Look, I'm not saying invest everything you got in airlines and travel but if these numbers continue why wouldn't the stocks continue to rise

That's my opinion on it..

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
thanks, but i think i was incomplete in my explanation. i have retirement accounts that are managed by my hospital's retirement plan. I then have my own rollover IRA and a 2nd investment account, both of which I have managed the last couple years. I already have monies in VTI, VTSAX, VOO, and FCNTX. I should probaby put more in those, but I have looked at SPY, TQQQ, and ishares as well. I was interested in ARKK that someone mentioned earlier, but can look into JETS as well. i've lost a fair amount on AMRN and CRMD and a small amount on ACB, but leaving that money in those to just ride out and see what happens. AMD has been my best performer. the 27k is extra income that I added over the last couple weeks to start trading. I had already started buying small amounts of F a month+ ago, but i just need to make more ballsy moves to flip this 27k into at least 100-150k. that's what i'm looking for.
In that case, sounds like you're bullish looking for growth stocks.

You can do the safe thing and load up on ARKK.

And / or

Go after individual growth stocks.

Tesla,FB, Amazon,Google, Square, Apple, the trade desk, etc..

Once again the way you move is a lot different than most of us.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i'm a physician, i have extra/disposable income. i could put in a good deal more than 25k, but paying down alot on my school loans, saving for a house, and have been too risk averse. if it's so easy, then point me to the right resources to learn. i have alot of days/shifts off each month that i can use to learn.
I'm in a similar situation but and feeling like the complexity of all the investments / accounts / possible investment options is starting to become overwhelming and lead to analysis paralysis.

I have $85K in cash saving up for a down payment, $70K in a Roth with $45K of it being my contribution / withdraw-able no penalty (so I guess this is also down payment money in a way), $10K in a 401K account from an old employer, $10K in vested stock from an employer, and $36K vesting at EOY.

I also have $65K in grad school debt left though :francis: and looking at the balance, I keep getting tempted to throw cash at it to get it from hanging over my head. I'm getting really, really tired of corporate life and have similar aspirations to flip for 2-4x returns to kill the debt off and not feel stretched levering up on real estate.

agreed. and if people don't get anymore stimulus checks and/or we have a 2nd covid wave (which is highly possible given all these protests/riots), then i don't see how this is sustainable

I think post-protests, the only politically acceptable restrictions will be shelter in place for at risk people and masks on back to normal-ish for everyone else. I just don't see it being politically feasible for mayors and states to allow mass protests, where thousands of people are elbow to elbow, only to turn around and mandate everyone staying at home for another 6-8 weeks. The politics of it just wouldn't work with business owners and moderates. Things will reopen soon.

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
airlines announced they are back at 55% level this month. If we don't see panic set in they gonna be gearing up to 70%, 80% by the end of the summer..

People wanna get the fukk outta town and vacation. It is what it is.. Look, I'm not saying invest everything you got in airlines and travel but if these numbers continue why wouldn't the stocks continue to rise

That's my opinion on it..
im loading up on jets ETF:blessed:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
As great as LK has been to me I'm very afraid of holding a Chinese stock over the weekend. No telling what Trump could do.