Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Forgot I put money into Lending Club back in Nov, did $2000 in loans, have earned $220 in interest so far and that’s still with $1922 of my principal outstanding. :ehh: I was just testing the waters, but this might be a good look especially since they tightened lending standards

Expound on this. You put money into the app for someone else to grab? And they pay you back plus interest?

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
you got a lot of longterm positions or u all short? i trimmed my longs the past couple weeks, i'm still long on some things but i went like 70% swing trading/cash on hand

i'm like 30% long

Lot of long term positions. Im getting anxious. Theres no way it can stay on this pace without significant pullback..right? :patrice:

I want to secure and buy back but i also dont want to mess up and sell too early :why:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Lot of long term positions. Im getting anxious. Theres no way it can stay on this pace without significant pullback..right? :patrice:

I want to secure and buy back but i also dont want to mess up and sell too early :why:

There will be pullback most likely, there has to be.. but the big question is does it move sideways and trend upwards and I would assume that's what it will do unless the economic recovery is worse than what is priced in or we have to shut shyt down again.

If we gotta shut shyt down again then yeah it'd be time to sell :russ:

But my best guess is that it trades sideways and upward from here until Q2 earnings and/or something negative about covid comes out

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
There will be pullback most likely, there has to be.. but the big question is does it move sideways and trend upwards and I would assume that's what it will do unless the economic recovery is worse than what is priced in or we have to shut shyt down again.

If we gotta shut shyt down again then yeah it'd be time to sell :russ:

But my best guess is that it trades sideways and upward from here until Q2 earnings and/or something negative about covid comes out

Which can happen at any time :huhldup:

I also expect a pullback leading up to the election as it becomes clearer that biden will win

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I just put in for some shyt called STWC. Have no idea what they do but I got 750 shares for like less than $1.50 and looked like they had high volume today and have been having decent gains. Hopefully it eventually reaches a dollar although I'll be happy with just ten cents. :manny:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
:shaq:
So what's the play here :jbhmm:

Do you stock now early before everyone decides to get in a week or two before thus driving the price up

Ive been long on them for a while

Their ex date was may 20 so if you were holding then youd be paid out

I forgot all about it til just now

Nrz and ivr are my reit plays

Idk how the fukk they can afford to pay their dividend but w/e

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Expound on this. You put money into the app for someone else to grab? And they pay you back plus interest?
Pretty much. Open an account, you can either do an investing strategy and let LC auto invest in loans for you or you can pick exactly what you want. Loans are rated, was A-D but they’re not loaning to D-level borrowers (high risk but higher interest earned) and mature in 3 or 5 years. Definitely a good passive play to have in your income/investing mix, kinda like a higher ROI CD