Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I'd rather keep Uber and Disney. I'm not selling Uber period. I'll ride it all the way down to zero. This is the time to be buying Disney as well. There isn't a cost basis available on Uber that's bad.

I did what you did with Tesla. I had it for $280-$320 and sold out of it. I did it for different reasons, there were other stocks I wanted and I didn't have the capital to both hold Tesla and purchase them so I sold Tesla and used the proceeds to buy them. Needless to say they didn't pan out like Tesla went on to do. I also had 10 shares of FB last year when all the trade war stuff broke out and Apple stock was in the $170s close to FB's price so I sold all my FB shares and bought Apple shares and that did work out. Up 60-70% on those shares. Lastly I sold out of Uber before I built this position I have now and bought Intel back when it was in the $42 range closer to Uber's price at the time. Both Apple and Intel worked out great but I'm not doing that anymore. If I buy a stock unless the business has materially changed or it's something like CCL's situation I'm not selling anymore.

I understand what you're saying here but I feel with both Disney and Uber that time is on my side. I could very well be wrong and have to buy in at a worse cost point but in my view I think over the next 4-6 months I'll be presented an opportunity to buy back in.

I know you said you don't do trading but I am trying my hands at both building long term positions but also trading so for me it's a balancing act, I'm trying to get all my positions in order but then also flipping some others.. especially because the market is so volatile, I've found this is a good way to also make some quick cash.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The only thing I can conclude is most of the unemployment are unskilled workers to begin with the big money jobs are still going on working from home mostly

the waitresses, bar tenders, retail workers, and teachers are hurting most but some are actually making more on unemployment then they were working

the thinking is these kinda jobs can be filled just as easy as they were cut off

the other thing to consider is people haven’t been spending money during tockdown and may actually come out with more savings than before

unless another breakout or some kinda fukkery during reopening we ain’t seeing a huge crash

but what do I know everybody keeps saying a crash is coming
That's the optimistic take.

You could also say our economy is built on consumer spending. Our effective under/unemployment rate is hovering around 25%. 40% of Americans have a hard time covering a $1,000 emergency expense in good times so expecting consumer spending to immediately bounce back is foolish.

Not only that, but we should expect a good amount of small businesses to close along with real estate taking a dive once businesses, homeowners, renters stop paying their rent/mortgage. Those jobs aren't returning.

A combination of housing default, small biz decline, reduced trade, worldwide recession and a slow if non-existent job market for non-WFH workers could be prove dangerous.

Then again, Wall Street seems not to care about Main Street so who knows.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only thing I can conclude is most of the unemployment are unskilled workers to begin with the big money jobs are still going on working from home mostly

the waitresses, bar tenders, retail workers, and teachers are hurting most but some are actually making more on unemployment then they were working

the thinking is these kinda jobs can be filled just as easy as they were cut off

the other thing to consider is people haven’t been spending money during tockdown and may actually come out with more savings than before

unless another breakout or some kinda fukkery during reopening we ain’t seeing a huge crash

but what do I know everybody keeps saying a crash is coming
i think there's gonna be a correction around the end of june, when everyone realizes that this shyt isn't reopening and the awful Q2 numbers come out. we're heading into a fukkin yearlong depression :dead: theres a reason buffet is just sitting on the sidelines. that's when im targeting dumping a bunch of money in for long-term investing, not right now

this short term money is there for the taking though, doesnt look like that fed effect is wearing off any time soon

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Where did you hear about it at .58?

I forgot now breh....
I was trying to think of that myself....
But it was last week or the week before when I picked it up.
But the earnings call is next week, so no surprise about the run up.

Think I saw it on some list of hot stocks on a website.

Last edited:

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
I forgot now breh....
I was trying to think of that myself....
But it was last week or the week before when I picked it up.
But the earnings call is next week, so no surprise about the run up.

Think I saw it on some list of hot stocks on a website.

That chart scaring me. Glad you ate though breh.

I keep going back to look at these oil tanker stocks :francis: especially after EURN announced a .80/share dividend.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I caved in. Bought 4 shares of Walgreens Boots Alliance and 3 shares of Raytheon Technologies. All were below my cost basis and I now own 30 shares of both. Unfortunately I bought Raytheon pre-merger so my cost basis is in the $69 range.

I decided as long as Facebook, Johnson & Johnson (which both aren't), Raytheon, and Walgreens (which both are) fall below my cost basis I'll consider nibbling on shares of them occasionally till I get them up to size. I want 20 shares of the first 2 and 50 shares of the last 2. Also if AT&T falls below $28 I'll but that and if Disney gets below $95.

Really I want more RTX, WBA, and JNJ. I plan to add like $100 a week to my portfolio going forward. If none of my stocks are below cost basis I'll toss it at bonds to park the money.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
wtf, unemployment at all time highs for april and the whole market green:what:....this cant be life

Like someone mentioned above, wallstreet is disconnected from mainstreet. Wasn't wall street making record profits during the great recession or at least during the occupy wall street movement.