year 2023: Jeremy: stock market crash coming this year? Most likely

Last edited:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
PayPal misses earning and it goes up crazy
Dominos beats earnings and it falls

:lupe: I don’t know shyt about stocks

paypal added the most users ever in a month in April and had a record transaction day May 1. Seems like good guidance and optimism moving forward with the Rona happening. The ceo also said this sped their growth plan by 3-5 years.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
It's goofy. Seems to always be a gamble if you wait for earnings calls.

As someone who loves earnings plays, there is a science to it. If a stock had a huge run up leading into earnings, sometimes it will fall as seen with Dominos and Amazon.. Plus, Netflix had a huge initial bump and then dipped a lot afterwards.

The feeling is because these companies stretched their limits so people feel it's as good a time to sell as you can.

I felt really good about Facebook, Microsoft and Tesla heading into that day and I hit on all 3.

The reason I felt good about Tesla was because it had a dip prior to earnings a couple days before. That's where people are fearful that the company will miss so they start selling it early. I like to look for that because if they report something even halfway decent then they will get back to where they were off the earnings call.

This is also why I wanted SHOP. I was watching them closely but I missed out on the dip to $595 so I said fukk it. I knew they would blow earnings out of the water and they had their dip.. I missed the dip so I no longer felt an earnings play would be worth it.

My next target is Roku. They had fallen off for a couple days so I scooped up a good amount of shares. Now I'm up on Roku as is so I have some breathing room if it dips off earnings. I feel good about their earnings though, I think they will do well and it'll climb. If not I will eject.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
What’s a good price to buy BYND at going forward?

I think $70-80 is a great buy in price for them. I almost bit a few times and looking back I should have. There's a couple brehs here who got in even below that.

It's volatile as hell but a lot of people believe in it. I think it's gonna be a huge business for years to come.

You might get another chance to buy in. I mean you could now and still make money but it's at it's highest in a while. Q2 could be rocky so I could see some selling off and maybe it gets back down around mid to high 90s.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
So none of you are keeping MVIS through the call?
:mjlit: I’m built for that fukkery brother

the price isn’t going to move a bunch I feel . They need it above a 1$ and obviously don’t want it too high based on the crazy ass price walls on each side during the day
The risk has been mitigated

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
As someone who loves earnings plays, there is a science to it. If a stock had a huge run up leading into earnings, sometimes it will fall as seen with Dominos and Amazon.. Plus, Netflix had a huge initial bump and then dipped a lot afterwards.

The feeling is because these companies stretched their limits so people feel it's as good a time to sell as you can.

I felt really good about Facebook, Microsoft and Tesla heading into that day and I hit on all 3.

The reason I felt good about Tesla was because it had a dip prior to earnings a couple days before. That's where people are fearful that the company will miss so they start selling it early. I like to look for that because if they report something even halfway decent then they will get back to where they were off the earnings call.

This is also why I wanted SHOP. I was watching them closely but I missed out on the dip to $595 so I said fukk it. I knew they would blow earnings out of the water and they had their dip.. I missed the dip so I no longer felt an earnings play would be worth it.

My next target is Roku. They had fallen off for a couple days so I scooped up a good amount of shares. Now I'm up on Roku as is so I have some breathing room if it dips off earnings. I feel good about their earnings though, I think they will do well and it'll climb. If not I will eject.

I have been noticing all of what you're talking about in the last few weeks. I knew there was a pattern, was just watching and trying to figure it out. But recently I have noticed the lead up to earnings calls.

So none of you are keeping MVIS through the call?

Still have mine. I'll see what happens leading up to 5 ET.