Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I guess this is in response to my post even though it wasn't qouted. First it wasn't an analyst it was the former CEO of American Airlines I'm sure he knows a lot more than people who post on the internet about stocks. And At what scale will airlines come back? A lot of airline travel is for business and companies rather have people work from home or travel less frequently after Covid, and nobody knows if people are going to be flying as much as before.

Do you even know that Airline companies have gone bankrupt many times over the last 10 years or so? People just want to buy into anything because it's down from it's highs without doing any research on what they are buying. The average person doesn't take enough vacations or fly frequently enough to offset the loses that they'll take on.

I think what is mitigating this threat for a lot of people is that there are essentially only 4 airlines left. If we are talking about them going belly up then you are talking about the US nationalizing the industry, which this country has no interest in doing. So if the US has no interest in running airlines, and the industry is essential for the economy, then they have to survive at some capacity and that capacity has to be worth something. You just have to figure out what that worth is.

Agent Mulder

Fight The Future
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Air Travel Pickup Continues And United Sees Pent-Up Demand For 2021

"Air travel is slowly rebounding, even as the coronavirus crisis continues its crushing impact on the airline industry and as United Airlines UAL says it sees evidence of pent-up demand.

The Transportation Security Administration’s count of passenger reached 171,563 on Friday, the highest total since Sunday March 29, when the total was 180,002."

It's like I mentioned before, air travel will only continue to increase as the country opens up.
People like Buffet threw in the towel because they lost so much and it'll take them lots of time to recover.

But that has nothing to do with us here now - buying at the bottom.

I firmly believe airline investors buying now will have nice gains within the next month or 2.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I think what is mitigating this threat for a lot of people is that there are essentially only 4 airlines left. If we are talking about them going belly up then you are talking about the US nationalizing the industry, which this country has no interest in doing. So if the US has no interest in running airlines, and the industry is essential for the economy, then they have to survive at some capacity and that capacity has to be worth something. You just have to figure out what that worth is.

Also, what's wrong with throwing a few hundred or even a few K at some airlines when they are low enough and seeing what happens? It's low risk, high reward. Scared money don't make money.

Obviously I'm not saying go make half your portfolio airline stocks lol

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Air Travel Pickup Continues And United Sees Pent-Up Demand For 2021

"Air travel is slowly rebounding, even as the coronavirus crisis continues its crushing impact on the airline industry and as United Airlines UAL says it sees evidence of pent-up demand.

The Transportation Security Administration’s count of passenger reached 171,563 on Friday, the highest total since Sunday March 29, when the total was 180,002."

It's like I mentioned before, air travel will only continue to increase as the country opens up.
People like Buffet threw in the towel because they lost so much and it'll take them lots of time to recover.

But that has nothing to do with us here now - buying at the bottom.

I firmly believe airline investors buying now will have nice gains within the next month or 2.

Buffet took a loss because their cost basis was not anywhere near bottom of the barrel. When's the last time AAL for example was at or under ten bucks? Ten years ago?

Actually it's more. I went back and looked. It's been since like 2005. So 15 years ago. It was over $10 during the recession of 2008.

If these companies go bankrupt then ok. I'm not saying throw a bunch of money at them. If they survive you're going to profit.

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
Also, what's wrong with throwing a few hundred or even a few K at some airlines when they are low enough and seeing what happens? It's low risk, high reward. Scared money don't make money.

Obviously I'm not saying go make half your portfolio airline stocks lol

Exactly. I threw some in today on SAVE. Even if it does not rebound to what it was a few months ago, even if it get to half of what it was, I will still have doubled my money.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Exactly. I threw some in today on SAVE. Even if it does not rebound to what it was a few months ago, even if it get to half of what it was, I will still have doubled my money.

And you can just let it sit there. It's all a matter of if you need the money right away. If you don't need the money then let the thing sit until you're comfortable selling.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
:dead: first thing I see when i google spirit airlines.
‘Why aren’t you doing anything?’ -- Flight to Michigan makes emergency landing after bloody fight

It would have to be detriot :heh: @wire28

Said the flight was packed :leon:

Edit:
:ohhh:Flight was so packed they didn't distance the passengers.:jbhmm:

Brehs.......

i'll brb :whistle:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Earning season ramping down, but still some big names. Disney will be interesting.

0r3pu404vcw41.jpg