Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What if you were as a beginner, would you buy stocks in Microsoft, Apple, and Amazon for your portfolio? Does anyone knows the risks in just buying these stocks alone? These companies have been performing well over time and they keep performing well. I know they talk about diversification but these are companies that almost everyone uses year after year.

I'm new to this. Is the reason that most people don't just buy these stocks because the price of share is too high? So it's better to accumulate other companies stocks so that you can increase your volume of shares?
just buy ETFs :yeshrug: look up IVV, DIA and QQQ and just track the 3 markets

Hahahaha

All Star
Daps
just buy ETFs :yeshrug: look up IVV, DIA and QQQ and just track the 3 markets

I’ll continue to repeat this in case there are others who don’t know. I wouldn’t invest in an individual account unless you are maxing tax advantage accounts. You can still buy ETFs and stocks in a Roth IRA and your earnings will grow tax free. There are just limitations on how you withdraw. So if you plan on parking money long-term, go these routes.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ll continue to repeat this in case there are others who don’t know. I wouldn’t invest in an individual account unless you are maxing tax advantage accounts. You can still buy ETFs and stocks in a Roth IRA and your earnings will grow tax free. There are just limitations on how you withdraw. So if you plan on parking money long-term, go these routes.
i don't think dude is talking about a retirement account that he can't touch until he's 60 :heh: he didnt ask how to invest for retirement

everyone in this thread isnt even going to live until 60