Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
They, along with others have been cautiously alarming investors that everything is not as good as it seems and the market will eventually follow the economy.

When people warned that the Gilead news from last week was a market pump all we got was "they said the market was gonna sell off look at us now :mjlol: miss out brehs :mjlol: " and then we found out literally a week later that it was a pump job.

People look at the indexes like the Dow and the S&P as the overall market when in actuality the Dow is only 30 stocks and the S&P 500 us being carried by Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Google and Microsoft. Those 5 weigh more than the bottom 350 stocks in the S&P 500. Also the market is moving sideways at the moment so the next move up or down will say a lot.
The market has priced in the best case scenario. It's as if it expects things to bounce right back. The retail sector is about to crater. There's probably gonna be several high profile bankruptcies coming.

There's just too much questionable stuff going on for me to continue to go along with this rapid recovery. I'm gonna not buy any stocks for the next several months and see what happens. I'll be putting all my money into bonds to park it or leaving it in savings.

The economy really needs to thread the needle here to make this market recovery stick.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m itchy about Boeing. Feel like I’m gonna miss out. Lol.. but my budget is done though. Told myself unless a big drop comes again but I want Boeing in my portfolio. Just hoping with another big drop, we see that shyt at least under 100.

Tug life

I stay fly like a guillemot
Daps
Reppin
Harlem World
The market has priced in the best case scenario. It's as if it expects things to bounce right back. The retail sector is about to crater. There's probably gonna be several high profile bankruptcies coming.

There's just too much questionable stuff going on for me to continue to go along with this rapid recovery. I'm gonna not buy any stocks for the next several months and see what happens. I'll be putting all my money into bonds to park it or leaving it in savings.

The economy really needs to thread the needle here to make this market recovery stick.
I 100% agree.. With oil, mortgages, credit, retail, hospitality, travel And real estate all taking a major hit at the same time and about 30 million people unemployed something will give soon.

I say it all the time about 72% of U.S. GDP is consumer spending and around 8% comes from oil. It's no way that 80% of our GDP is compromised and we just bounce back like everything is fine.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Facebook delivers information. That information has value. They buy entertainment platforms to add to their information database. Between Facebook.com and Instagram.com they have like a billion more monthly hits than Amazon.com
Regulation is coming one day

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
I’m itchy about Boeing. Feel like I’m gonna miss out. Lol.. but my budget is done though. Told myself unless a big drop comes again but I want Boeing in my portfolio. Just hoping with another big drop, we see that shyt at least under 100.

I grabbed a couple. I’ll do what @winb83 suggested and average down.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps

this is what i'm waiting to see. ppl say the next 2-3 earnings won't matter but the economy is driven by consumer spending and with the unemployment # increasing and jobs being lost i just see companies contracting, earnings taking a big hit and banks getting burned from loans in this.

i've only been buying GDX, BYND (might stop now) and options so far.

Tug life

I stay fly like a guillemot
Daps
Reppin
Harlem World
this is what i'm waiting to see. ppl say the next 2-3 earnings won't matter but the economy is driven by consumer spending and with the unemployment # increasing and jobs being lost i just see companies contracting, earnings taking a big hit and banks getting burned from loans in this.

i've only been buying GDX, BYND (might stop now) and options so far.
I'm hearing most retailers are waiting for the reopening to file because they won't be able to liquidate merchandise in a lockdown. Although Neiman Marcus and JC penny are said to starting filing this week. Another thing is Covid didn't so much change the industry, it just sped things up. Most of these companies were eventually going to go out of business at some point Covid just sped it up.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
FB is in everything
IG is the biggest platform for the most active buyers 18-40 ad money will come rolling in after this

they got all the old people on the normal FB platform still election season will sky rocket that even more

they got gaming, what’s app, Oculus,

they also have ATON of cash to use to buy more companies

it’s a supernova

You right but in the short term they have panic sellers. I want to see what happens on earnings day.

aliG

Pro
Daps
CHK is going thru the roof!!! If only I would have bought some shares when it was at a few pennies...