Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't have any money in the real stock market but I've been playing around with virtual stock exchanges. Once I've mustered the confidence I'll begin investing for real. I'm too much of a p*ssy.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Nope. Facebook I have calls for July 26. Strike of 27. After blackberry I have a lower risk tolerance for earnings releases so i bought a small quantity on July 5th. The charts showed Bullish activity was to come and I figured with Earnings on the way...it'd be magnified. So far so good.

And if you want another good Balance sheet...hit up YHOO
damn, that yhoo woulda been a phenomenal buy :ehh:
and if i kept them fb calls :ohlawd:

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
Sold my kfx stock yesterday because i needed to wire some money...:youngsabo:

It went up 50 cents today brehs:sadcam:

My luck is terrible:why:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Sold my kfx stock yesterday because i needed to wire some money...:youngsabo:

It went up 50 cents today brehs:sadcam:

My luck is terrible:why:

The name of the game is buy and hold friend. Day trading is best left to those that do this for a living, as you can make millions or lose millions overnight. I personally treat my brokerage account like its a savings account. It's just is capable of earning significantly more interest than any savings account ever could...:yes:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
What do you guys think about BP? I've been reading up on this company lately and it appears this company is ripe for a nice 2014. They're stock offers a 5% dividend and currently trades at 47. Great idea for people interested in long term dividends.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
What do you guys think about BP? I've been reading up on this company lately and it appears this company is ripe for a nice 2014. They're stock offers a 5% dividend and currently trades at 47. Great idea for people interested in long term dividends.

I think they're undervalued. Are they done with all the lawsuits and fines from the spill?

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
QTWW, ARIA, GALE, OPK, SZYM - you're welcome.

Not going to toot my own horn here but those who listened tracked made a significant amount of money in these plays.

2014 asset allocation thoughts

1. Gold / Precious metal - 2013 was horrific, many novice investors believe gold/precious metals are a hedge against dollar or inflation; not true although because of novice retail investors flying in and out of these stocks there are correlations but this is due to the behavioral side of investing then any empirical proof. Supply and demand is the key - and the demand for gold has been going up and supply is dwindling (especially due to China hording precious metals). I expect gold to rebound in 2014-2015 and this would be a good investment to park money into.

2. Emerging Markets - the mature markets had such a great run that emerging markets were left in the dust...I expect significant investments will start to sprinkle back into emerging markets.

3. real estate - although this happened sooner than I expected (I thought real estate would rebound around 2014) there is so much room to grow and if you can get into a REIT that focuses on the NE, South East, and/or Texas I think you would have a good year in those investment.

4. I would also still park money in ultra short term bond fund in leiu of a checking/savings/money market account to play the interest rate potential volatility

5. most major mutual fund asset classes are at all time highs, so it's hard to recommend one but I think a good value or growth and income fund would still be fine ; however, I would wait until end of January/beginning of Feb to get in (incase of sell offs).

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you in any companies that actually make money?

the financials for GALE are :scusthov:

You should separate investments where looking at financials are needed, versus momentum plays, versus investing in biopharms. I will tell you these are all different situations. You won't find too many biopharms in the black and typically these will be the ones that will easily give you 100%+ gains in a weeks time. You're going to make the most money on speculative plays (I know you know this already but just reiterating to the rest of the posters) high risk, high reward.

I won't disclose my entire portfolio but I am in BBRY, DANG, MM, WAVE, these all make money but I focus most of efforts on momentum plays, sometimes earnings, and biopharms. I leave the profit generating large caps to my mutual fund managers. To me the time and effort reading BS and IS on large cap stocks versus paying a % to have a manager do it is not beneficial for me.

and you can easily see what the prices were when I posted those stocks above and what happened over the course of the 2 weeks.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
You should separate investments where looking at financials are needed, versus momentum plays, versus investing in biopharms. I will tell you these are all different situations. You won't find too many biopharms in the black and typically these will be the ones that will easily give you 100%+ gains in a weeks time. You're going to make the most money on speculative plays (I know you know this already but just reiterating to the rest of the posters) high risk, high reward.

I won't disclose my entire portfolio but I am in BBRY, DANG, MM, WAVE, these all make money but I focus most of efforts on momentum plays, sometimes earnings, and biopharms. I leave the profit generating large caps to my mutual fund managers. To me the time and effort reading BS and IS on large cap stocks versus paying a % to have a manager do it is not beneficial for me.

and you can easily see what the prices were when I posted those stocks above and what happened over the course of the 2 weeks.

I hear you. I wasn't hating. What is WAVE is that Nextwave wireless?

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hear you. I wasn't hating. What is WAVE is that Nextwave wireless?
used the wrong call sign - should be WWAV - white wave foods company - looking for a move up to $25 with resistance at $21

on something like this I would play the March 25 calls (Leaps). ALso, I would not purchase anthing until next week (let the dust settle on profit taking) and get in for the "January Effect"

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
I know this May sound like a dumb question, but does playing The stock market in Grand Theft Auto V, give you a slight grasp on the real stock market?

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
I know this May sound like a dumb question, but does playing The stock market in Grand Theft Auto V, give you a slight grasp on the real stock market?

to be honest I don't know enough about it. I've only played the game at friend's houses. But I would suggest playing the coli stock market it's a simulation of real markets.